Marvelous Minneapolis

Yup. Hard to believe it's been so difficult for Texas to field a competitive drum corps for the last 20 years, since so many Texas kids are in DCI.

Texas just turned down billions of federal dollars to insure their 25% uninsured mothers and kids. There are a lot of things that don't make sense in Texas. :)

• Like 3

I don't get that vibe either, but what I do get from Texas band kids is "I'm not going to stay here and march div 3 or march a corps that didn't make finals when I know I can go to crown or phantom and get a spot there." Drum corps used to be about pride in your community. That has changed a lot.

Part of the reason I'm glad I'm from the panhandle, as great as the Dallas/Austin/San Antonio/ect. bands are, the attitude up here is a lot more friendly and inviting and not too arrogant.

Edited by DrumManTx

Time to make the dinner. Porterhouse steak and pan smashed red potatoes.

• Like 1

Part of the reason I'm glad I'm from the panhandle, as great as the Dallas/Austin/San Antonio/ect. bands are, the attitude up here is a lot more friendly and inviting and not too arrogant.

Just edited out the mistakes that made that statement REALLY dumb sounding. lol :tongue:

Whens the last time you saw open class? Kinda wierd how your so excited that they are entertaining.. good things are always happening in this division....

After all its the division of the future.

Well, I taught a corps in that class in 2009, and I've seen Open Class championships every year for the last seven or so. Not counting being a fan of Class A/A-60/Division II/III and occasionally teaching in those classes.

The Glassmen have a good brass book with good flow and logical phrasing. Demand is not off the charts, but the music GE score should be solid. Percussion is good, guard is good, and I really think the drill can work, but they need to clean and fill the holes. Good overall show!

• Like 1

Those of you seeing the show, answer me this? Are you understanding the theme in Gmen's show? The sand that becomes glass. The representation of clear glass. The representation of stained glass? Seems to me their shows have been too cryptic in the last few years.