Marvelous Minneapolis

Fist time I've heard crowd reaction at the end of the ballad.

Still don't like the organ synth at every major chord of the closer. Yes, we know it's the Organ Symphony, but you just sound like you're covering up the horn line because you think they can't play powerfully enough.

I get your point, but I have to say I've heard this piece performed by symphony orchestras, and it was one of the original Thunderous Goo orchestral pieces, so there's their excuse.

I like the Glassmen show this year. Very well designed. Held my interest throughout. Still some room to clean and grow, but quite good for mid-July.

The Glassmen have a good brass book with good flow and logical phrasing. Demand is not off the charts, but the music GE score should be solid. Percussion is good, guard is good, and I really think the drill can work, but they need to clean and fill the holes. Good overall show!

They have filled all their holes with Teal Sound kids and should have them all in the entire show soon.

Texas just turned down billions of federal dollars to insure their 25% uninsured mothers and kids. There are a lot of things that don't make sense in Texas. :)

Texas didn't do that. Rick Perry did.

• Like 7

Those of you seeing the show, answer me this? Are you understanding the theme in Gmen's show? The sand that becomes glass. The representation of clear glass. The representation of stained glass? Seems to me their shows have been too cryptic in the last few years.

The sand & turning into glass? No. But the glass itself & stained glass? Absolutely.

Texas just turned down billions of federal dollars to insure their 25% uninsured mothers and kids. There are a lot of things that don't make sense in Texas. :)

You are so incredibly ill-informed and have no idea the long term implication of the program and the future unsustainable cost to the state, but this is not a forum for politics.

• Like 6

Well, I taught a corps in that class in 2009, and I've seen Open Class championships every year for the last seven or so. Not counting being a fan of Class A/A-60/Division II/III and occasionally teaching in those classes.

nice to see kind words about Div II

I was just at Patriot Hall this morning and smiled as I passed the DCI Championship Trophy and the two Walt Disney Entertainment Awards... The 1999 Championship was certainly VERY special to all of us involved...