Marvelous Minneapolis

Drum corps hasn't been that way in over 30 years, and probably longer.

And yet we wonder why there are so fewer corps and so fewer fans.

Drum corps hasn't been that way in over 30 years, and probably longer.

I dunno. Even during the DCI era, there was a sense of East vs Midwest vs Westcoast. Not really communities, but for example, in the 90s a kid living in Ohio was much more likely to only consider marching in an Ohio corps. Very few would fly out to California to be a Blue Devil.

I dunno. Even during the DCI era, there was a sense of East vs Midwest vs Westcoast. Not really communities, but for example, in the 90s a kid living in Ohio was much more likely to only consider marching in an Ohio corps. Very few would fly out to California to be a Blue Devil.

I can vouch for that :)

What if every corps was required to build a repertoire around its name? Glassmen got me thinking about the possibilities.

• Like 1

The sand & turning into glass? No. But the glass itself & stained glass? Absolutely.

The opener is supposed to be a representation of sand (all the performers swirling around doing movement) and then being turned into glass (big hit).

Time to make the dinner. Porterhouse steak and pan smashed red potatoes.

I'll be over in a bit.. pretty hungry...

• Like 1

Well, I marched at Suncoast where the east was the enemy. There was regional bias, but little community pride (state pride, yes, as we had members from all over Florida). But there was a giant Yellow Brick Road that led out of Florida to Northern California. It's a road I traveled happily.

Drum corps gods please fix my internet.

Did you reset your modem/router?