Marvelous Minneapolis

Cadets have some work to do. Only sub-caption higher than 3rd was the GE Music rep. 4th in visual and brass. One tenth ahead of Phantom in overall GE.

Less than a month to go.

I was thinking the same thing. If they don't clean it up, they could possibly end up in 4th, even 5th.

How SCV CG beat Bloo by 1/2 point is beyond me. While I viewed it only from FN, there was no comparison from that view point.

Agreed. As clean as SCV, Bloo brought the raw performance and emotion last night. Looking at the recaps, Visual is once again what is holding Bloo back.

• Like 3

I am significantly confused why so many people talk about the Madison Scouts like they used to win DCI titles every year. They are typically a 5th to 7th place corps. The last title they won was 24 years ago, and it is unlikely they will win one again in the next decade. People really need to tone down the Scouts propoganda and think rationally. Their show is entertaining but dirty. It does not have the technical merit of a top five contender this year. Madison is an good corps this year, but please tone down the rhetoric!

Why does anyone get infatuated with any corps, regardless of placement? Yes, Madison's average DCI finals placement over the years is sixth. However, if you look at the crowd favorites over the years, Madison is consistently at or near the top. It's not always about competitive placement, but about which corps captures the hearts of the fans in the stands.

Actually, if you want to see what the averages are, they're here in this DCP thread and reveal some surprises: Average placements and scores

• Like 3

I can see it now on craigslist.....needed audio engineer, willing to travel

Once drum corps figures out how blend the acoustic and the electric then we'll be good to go. To me, the problem is that the electronic stuff feels sporadic or detached from the corps.

My thanks to you both.

You've given me valuable information to keep in mind when I see my next show.

I've been a fan for over 30 years. My advice to you is go to the shows, and love it for what YOU love about it. To me it's the greatest activity in the world that outside the activity that nobody has ever heard of. That's OK, because WE know how fantastic these kids are at putting on summer pageantry shows for our entertainment. :cool:

Be patient on the judging, because it will take years before you truly don't understand how the scoring works,,, :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Why does anyone get infatuated with any corps, regardless of placement? It's not always about competitive placement, but about which corps captures the hearts of the fans in the stands.

sadly way too many people care only about the number of championship trophy's sitting in the case at home.

Once drum corps figures out how blend the acoustic and the electric then we'll be good to go. To me, the problem is that the electronic stuff feels sporadic or detached from the corps.

But why is it that so many years (at least 5... maybe closer to 10?) years after the electronic stuff was legalized, corps STILL cannot blend it?

and worse, they aren't hurt on the sheets for it!

• Like 1