2:00 AM 6:00 PM

Bluecoats website says:

HOUSING

Black Hawk Middle School

1540 Deerwood Dr.

Eagan, MN, 55122

They have stayed here the past two years for this show

Edited by BLOONATE

Well, the show order has always been a pain for someone. The good news is that we finally get a full panel and head to head competition to sort this whole mess out a little bit. But I'm not expecting to be able to predict finals week placement AT ALL after Minnesota. I like the unpredictability that is finally happening!

In the early days of DCI, prelims for finals were random and it took two days to get through all the corps(in '77, it was 45 corps). There hadn't been a complete line-up for any show leading up to it. So, who would make the top 12 was almost a total mystery. You kinda knew the top 6, but, beyond that, you didn't know.

Can you imagine the judging situation there?

• Like 1

In the early days of DCI, prelims for finals were random and it took two days to get through all the corps(in '77, it was 45 corps). There hadn't been a complete line-up for any show leading up to it. So, who would make the top 12 was almost a total mystery. You kinda knew the top 6, but, beyond that, you didn't know.

Can you imagine the judging situation there?

well it was a little different in the fact that the field judges were using a tic system so every mistake they saw/heard they marked a tic on their sheet. At the end of the performance the marks were added up at .1 per mark and subtracted from the subcaption's maximum score. So judges didn't worry about leaving room, all they had to do was judge the errors and write down a number.

I believe it was harder on the GE judges because they were using a more subjective system, but I think in GE it's a little easier to tell what's effective and what isn't - especially back then.

Bluecoats website says:

HOUSING

Black Hawk Middle School

1540 Deerwood Dr.

Eagan, MN, 55122

They have stayed here the past two years for this show

These two schools are a LONG way from each other.

I believe it was harder on the GE judges because they were using a more subjective system, but I think in GE it's a little easier to tell what's effective and what isn't - especially back then.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. If you notice there were a lot more differences in ranking between prelims and finals in the early years. The last time there was a single change in ranking from semis to finals was 2009.

Yup, it's posted on the DCI Minnesota facebook page on a list of housing sites. Under PR's housing info: "Friday rehearsal at the Metrodome."

(BTW, Metrodome is now also called "Mall of America Field.")

I don't suppose this will happen to be an OPEN rehearsal?? I highly doubt it, but worth asking. Would be awesome if it was! I'd even pay admission :P

I don't suppose this will happen to be an OPEN rehearsal?? I highly doubt it, but worth asking. Would be awesome if it was! I'd even pay admission :P

I'm putting money on it being closed. I'll know for sure later.

Edited by chaos001

I am super excited! I got tickets for me and the gal in Club 2, Row 12, seats 16 & 17. Say "hi" if you are nearby! I like these seats because not only are they basically on the 50 and high enough to get a great view, you get to go into the air conditioning. Last year that was a life saver.

It is nice to have a big show right down the street from my house. Go Minnesota Brass!

I'm putting money on it being closed. I'll know for sure later.

Yeah I bet it will be closed. If you could re-post when you know, that would be great. Also, I noticed BD will be in Woodbury at East Ridge HS tomorrow (Wednesday) and Thursday, do you or anyone know if that is traditionally an open rehearsal? I know the stadium there is fairly well gated so it would be easy to keep people out. Could always watch from outside the fences I guess.