Sounds of the South?

If anyone feels like sharing their thoughts on the show, I would love to hear about my home corps and all the other groups that performed this past weekend!

Here's my review of the show:

Carolina Gold: 101 Degrees 458% Humidity

Fusion Corps: 96 Degrees 327% Humidity

Atlanta CV: 91 Degrees 200% Humidity

Shenandoah Sound: 89.9 Degress 196% Humidity

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Here's my review of the show:

Carolina Gold: 101 Degrees 458% Humidity

Fusion Corps: 96 Degrees 327% Humidity

Atlanta CV: 91 Degrees 200% Humidity

Shenandoah Sound: 89.9 Degress 196% Humidity

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Boy, aint that the truth Mike!!!

I wonder what those uniforms are going to smell like next week....YUM!!!

Dan

Seriously though, has no one who saw the show have an opinion to offer??? Please? Honestly, I sometimes think DCP forumers are nothing but armchair critics who never actually go out and see a show. :doh:

I'm being deliberately provocative, LOL. It's only because I want to nudge people into actually giving their opinions. :smile:

Edited by Ron H

Seriously though, has no one who saw the show have an opinion to offer??? Please? Honestly, I sometimes think DCP forumers are nothing but armchair critics who never actually go out and see a show. :doh:

I'm being deliberately provocative, LOL. It's only because I want to nudge people into actually giving their opinions. :smile:

Well, honestly it probably has more to do with the sheer fewer numbers that follow DCA. If you go to the DCI side of the forums there are only a couple of reviews per show and none from the Jackson, NJ show. The odds of getting a review at a show that doesn't have some top 5 groups is smaller.

I would have liked to have read a review on this one too, because I follow the southerns groups a lot more closely and have some friends that march CV.

it also has to do with most posters arent from down there, and people are afraid to do reviews because if someone doesnt like their views, they got a ton of ####

At this point in the season I think the most honest review of just about any show would be:

It's early, some nice moments, still a lot of work to do.

Doesn't that just about sum up everyone at this point? It would have been nice to hear from some folks regarding this show but the fact is there weren't a whole lot of folks there. Certainly not the thousands you would see at a show up north. Those that were, probably have a bias one way or the other, so we'll all just have to keep working, get better and see everyone on down the road.

Being a member of CV, I obviously didn't see anyone in performance, but what I saw during the course of the day in rehearsal was very positive. Fusion was right next to us for about an hour rehearsing and Gold was just on the other side of some tennis courts. Both groups seemed to have some great things going on. Sorry I can't be more specific but we were a little busy in our own rehearsal at the time! How's that for a non-descript useless evaluation! Oh well, best I can do at this time.

Best of luck to all the corps that were at this show and I look forward to seeing the fruits of everyone's labors later in the season.

Dan

At this point in the season I think the most honest review of just about any show would be:

It's early, some nice moments, still a lot of work to do.

Doesn't that just about sum up everyone at this point? It would have been nice to hear from some folks regarding this show but the fact is there weren't a whole lot of folks there. Certainly not the thousands you would see at a show up north. Those that were, probably have a bias one way or the other, so we'll all just have to keep working, get better and see everyone on down the road.

Being a member of CV, I obviously didn't see anyone in performance, but what I saw during the course of the day in rehearsal was very positive. Fusion was right next to us for about an hour rehearsing and Gold was just on the other side of some tennis courts. Both groups seemed to have some great things going on. Sorry I can't be more specific but we were a little busy in our own rehearsal at the time! How's that for a non-descript useless evaluation! Oh well, best I can do at this time.

Best of luck to all the corps that were at this show and I look forward to seeing the fruits of everyone's labors later in the season.

Dan

Fusion had some very nice moments and good soloists; that show is slammed full with GE. Or maybe I just really like music from The Godfather. music.gif My read was from the entrance to the track (with CV pit), though, so I can't comment any further. Gold had a couple of great impact moments in rehearsal, but that's all I know because that's all I heard when I had the time to listen. tongue.gif Didn't catch anything from Sound. Also, Fran is solidly in mid-season form. thumbup.gif

Also, Fran is solidly in mid-season form. thumbup.gif

Thank you very much!

It was a good night... and again, huge kudos to the corps for doing the performances they did under some rougher-than-usual weather conditions.

Without getting into details, I am trying to re-focus and bring my work up a notch or two this year... and so far, so good. I hope. :tongue: