Teal Sound Ends Tour

their FB page is like RAMD on steroids

Hopefully not EVERYONE is involved, though.

Edited by skajerk

their FB page is like RAMD on steroids

That Debbie is certainly making a name for herself on the interwebs... Is a child in a drumcorps who stoped tour mid season similar to that same child suffering from a devastating accident or life threatening situation? Because it is really hard to tell the difference in some of her posts... :shutup:

But some people are saying ridiculous things... WOW...

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 2

The finger pointing on the FB page is worse! I couldn't believe what was being said, and parents outraged because the staff is too busy taking care of the kids making sure they are still safe, to answer the emails and calls every 30 min. They should be ashamed of them selves! The angry parents need to understand all they are doing is hurting their kids even more. This is sad and even tragic situation, but STOP treating the BOD/admin/staff like they are terrorist thief's! These people have NOTHING BUT YOUR CHILD'S BEST INTEREST in mind and are doing what they can to save a bad situation and not have it get worse. No I do not know them personally but no one in any Corps does it to steal money and leave kids stranded. The members well being always comes first! I challenge those parents talking smack on the FB page to learn what it takes for a Corps to do a WC tour. Even try spending some time helping them. They just might learn something.

My heart goes out to the Teal Sound family!!! nothing else maters

Yes they should just shut up for the good of the org that shorted their kids out of a tour and several thousand dollars. Those parents are 100% justified.

• Like 1

Yes they should just shut up for the good of the org that shorted their kids out of a tour and several thousand dollars. Those parents are 100% justified.

The parents are 100% justified, but there probably were better venues AND more constructive ways to express their concerns than how a select few chose to handle themselves (and continue to handle themselves).

• Like 4

That Debbie is certainly making a name for herself on the interwebs... Is a child in a drumcorps who stoped tour mid season similar to that same child suffering from a devastating accident or life threatening situation? Because it is really hard to tell the difference in some of her posts... :shutup:

But some people are saying ridiculous things... WOW...

I agree completely. She isn't the only one, but [imo] the main culprit and stirring the hornets nest even more. It's completely ridiculous on what she's doing on there. I am glad that we are getting Alumni, and current members on the defense right now. I posted yesterday morning about this to go on the defense against her. Thankfully 8 people gave me the like :thumbup: . But seriously, hopefully her battery dies on that phone so she can't post anything on her drive back from PA so we can have some peace before she gets a hold of a charger. :devil:

• Like 2

I got tired of the virtual standing around, like witnesses to a car wreck. My wallet has spoken tonight. I found the Teal Sound fuel fund and made a donation. If you are so inclined...

http://www.tealsound.org/Site/Home.html ... click on "support" (aptly named!), and find the fuel fund, or whatever other option you might prefer.

Mark Johnstone

Sky Ryders alum 1983-1988

current Blue Stars supporter/volunteer

Edited by RyderMello88
  • Like 2

I agree completely. She isn't the only one, but [imo] the main culprit and stirring the hornets nest even more. It's completely ridiculous on what she's doing on there. I am glad that we are getting Alumni, and current members on the defense right now. I posted yesterday morning about this to go on the defense against her. Thankfully 8 people gave me the like :thumbup: . But seriously, hopefully her battery dies on that phone so she can't post anything on her drive back from PA so we can have some peace before she gets a hold of a charger. :devil:

Defending what? There is nothing to defend here. It's better to demand accountability for the failures so they do not happen again, rather than a weak attempt at pride, which should be saved for 2013. Now is not the time.

Obviously you did not travel across the country to see your kid perform only to have it messed up by poor mgmt. Very easy for others to criticize when it's not their dollars and summer plans on the line.

• Like 2

I was witness to a similar situation in the early 80's. The corps went on tour with the strategy that the Bingo operation would provide funds that were needed immediately. Yeah.. After some unanticipated expenses, and underwhelming bingo profits, the Corps Director went into a bank and took out a loan against his house to finish tour. I think his attitude was that "nothing else mattered".

He was paid back in a timely manner.

I just read through every post over there. There has been a lot of stuff said that might be difficult to take back when it's finally determined what are the actual facts. Right now, several competing theories are being presented as facts. I remember RAMD as being contentious, but some of what's going on over there is thermonuclear; sort of a scorched earth policy.

I hope the kids come through the aftermath of this unscathed. Thank you to the other corps that are offering new and welcoming homes for the members.

Meanwhile, if DCP'ers are at a show or rehearsal site and ask and find out that certain corps have members from Teal Sound, please consider finding someone in a position of responsibility, slip them a few bucks, and request they pass it on to those members. Even a tiny bit will help someone who's been through so much and the knowledge that corps fans care for them will help brighten their day.

Now for the souvie people of corps that end up taking in Teal Sound members: Might it be possible for each of you to put up a sign with the number of Teal Sound members you've taken it and a jar (akin to the gas fund jars) with a label stating that all funds collected in the jar will be passed on to those members to help defray their additional travel costs to get to your corps? That would allow fans to go around to the various souvie booths and, if desired, contribute proportionally to help out these kids.

Anyone reading this is welcomed and encouraged to post the above two paragraphs (as written or in your own words) wherever you would like. Attribution is not needed or requested. The thoughts you share is what is important.

(I don't know...Should that be a separate topic?)

The facebook page is a #### wasteland right now. There is nothing of any use being said aside from updates on the progress of getting the members home. It's wholly depressing. The parents have every right to be angry, and for the reasons they're claiming. However this is all still in the 'who do I kill?' stage in the parents minds. When the members are home, or placed in other corps I hope it settles down, and the board feels that they can release information to a level headed audience.