Teal Sound Ends Tour

I hope Teal Sounds Souvie stand is at a couple of shows! I would like to drop a couple hundred bucks their way!

• Like 5

If what I am gathering information wise is correct then its an unfortunate problem, but not the end of the world. They got stuck on a bad contract and had cash flow problems....would they still be on tour if the contract worked? more than likely.....could they have stayed on tour and bankrupted themselves? maybe. Yes it sucks for the kids, and sucks for activity, but this was not a failure of DCI and hopefully they will be back on track next season.

I just hope we get official word soon on exactly what happened

Is it me or could this situation could have ended a lot worse? They ended it before it started affecting the members, which shows something about the corps, they cared about their members. I just wish some of the parents could see that. I do think timing and wording of the announcement and plans could have been worded a tad better, but they made sure that they had a ride and went to an airport, they didn't just get up and leave! I dunno, this situation was handled okay when it comes right down to it. Preventing it is a different story, but given the circumstances, I think it went pretty well.

• Like 5

Is it me or could this situation could have ended a lot worse? They ended it before it started affecting the members, which shows something about the corps, they cared about their members. I just wish some of the parents could see that. I do think timing and wording of the announcement and plans could have been worded a tad better, but they made sure that they had a ride and went to an airport, they didn't just get up and leave! I dunno, this situation was handled okay when it comes right down to it. Preventing it is a different story, but given the circumstances, I think it went pretty well.

Pretty much what I posted and agree 100%.

• Like 2

sure, it could've been worse... but the other side is that people paid money for a service (one season of drum corps) that they did not receive.

I don't know if it was avoidable, and am not bashing Teal Sound for how things went down, but I think it is very understandable why some people would be angry that they didn't get what they paid for.

Agreed... the finger pointing in here is sickening.

But.. my "facts" are based on what one side posted on the web when they were PO'ed... and it's what I WANT to belive... so it must be true... even if the poster probably isn't in a position to know.. right... :thumbdown:

The finger pointing on the FB page is worse! I couldn't believe what was being said, and parents outraged because the staff is too busy taking care of the kids making sure they are still safe, to answer the emails and calls every 30 min. They should be ashamed of them selves! The angry parents need to understand all they are doing is hurting their kids even more. This is sad and even tragic situation, but STOP treating the BOD/admin/staff like they are terrorist thief's! These people have NOTHING BUT YOUR CHILD'S BEST INTEREST in mind and are doing what they can to save a bad situation and not have it get worse. No I do not know them personally but no one in any Corps does it to steal money and leave kids stranded. The members well being always comes first! I challenge those parents talking smack on the FB page to learn what it takes for a Corps to do a WC tour. Even try spending some time helping them. They just might learn something.

My heart goes out to the Teal Sound family!!! nothing else maters

• Like 2

And the alternative, ending the tour and the season for the members WAS good PR?

There was a post on the FB page the day before saying that they needed help and please donate!

their FB page is like RAMD on steroids

• Like 1