Teal Sound Ends Tour

The irate parents need to realize that their odds of getting any money refunded decrease every time they post another rant online. The harder they publicly pummel the corps, the harder it will be for the corps to attract the financial support they need.

• Like 1

Soon the why's, what's, who's & where's will become known to all.

In the mean time before the truth is known I have a great idea...

In true DCP tradition why don't we make up a bunch of stuff, gather up all the townsfolk, grab our pitch forks and some of those fire on stick things then go have ourselves a good old fashioned hanging?

Soon the why's, what's, who's & where's will become known to all.

In the mean time before the truth is known I have a great idea...

In true DCP tradition why don't we make up a bunch of stuff, gather up all the townsfolk, grab our pitch forks and some of those fire on stick things then go have ourselves a good old fashioned hanging?

Ok, here's a start: this just goes to show what an investment in BROWN pants will do to a corps' finances!!! Burn them!!! ;) :w00t:

Ok, here's a start: this just goes to show what an investment in BROWN pants will do to a corps' finances!!! Burn them!!! ;) :w00t:

Sadly I must agree, loved the corps but not the brown pants.

Sad thing is....If the organization put the corps on the road, had a transportation problem, didn't resolve it while on tour and then sent everyone home....how can they expect those present members to trust the management to make things better for next year? PLUS NO MONEY! I certainly hate to see any corps disband, end tour, or whatever you want to call it. I can say as a parent, I would be totally ticked off at the corps management for even considering putting my kid on the road when they knew full well that there would be finacial problems.

• Like 1

Anyone not aware that Teal (or any other corps) is in need of contributions is not paying attention. Just curious how much you donated to Teal's cause this year? Past years? ANY years?

I can see the Facebook post: "We're on our last legs! Please donate now so we can finish our tour!" Yea, that would be real good PR for the corps.

Well, I think it would have been better PR than "We're going home. Ran out of dough. Sorry everyone! See you next year?"

• Like 1

They are probably more in the know then we all are and don't you think they have that right?

The irate parents need to realize that their odds of getting any money refunded decrease every time they post another rant online. The harder they publicly pummel the corps, the harder it will be for the corps to attract the financial support they need.

• Like 1

Lots of folks have suggested DCI should be auditing books etc. Even if the member corps were willing, that's a lot of work and a lot of expense on DCI's part. Hiring accountants to give the books a serious once-over for more than a trivial number of corps would be incredibly expensive. And imposing a rule on the corps that they must pay for their own audits by external groups would also surely be too costly to consider.

But just to toss out an idea here, could DCI require corps to make good-faith estimates of tour expenses, and then to deposit some reasonable percentage that would be expected of corps to have on hand at the beginning of the season of the cash required for tour in an escrow-type account overseen (though not controlled) by DCI. Then there could be weekly transfers from the escrow account to the corps' operating accounts on the pre-arranged expense schedule (eg, more can come out in weeks with more travel, etc), and further a stipulation that if the account ever gets to a level of X dollars, the tour would have to end (where X is the number of dollars required to get all the kids home safely). If the corps couldn't come up with the 40% or 50% cash requirement by the deadline, they could have their tour pre-emptively cancelled by DCI instead.

I have no idea how corps' cash flows typically actually operate--how much they rely on souvie/donation/show fees to keep things running--so I don't know if this is even remotely a reasonable demand to place on corps, though I would expect that they should be most cash-rich around early May and spend most of their money from May through August, so the timing of setting up the account would be correct. Regardless, there ought to be some percentage of dollars that *would* be reasonable to expect them to have on hand ahead of time, and requiring them to deposit the cash into an account DCI can see the balance of would provide a way of "auditing" the books without having to audit any books.

• Like 1

That Debbie is certainly making a name for herself on the interwebs... Is a child in a drumcorps who stoped tour mid season similar to that same child suffering from a devastating accident or life threatening situation? Because it is really hard to tell the difference in some of her posts... :shutup:

But some people are saying ridiculous things... WOW...

I understand it's not cheap to do DCI,and for some folks, it doesplace some hardship on them. But yeah, it's kinda crazy over there.

Hence, if my kid decides to march, I'll ask to see the books