Teal Sound Ends Tour

There is no such rule, nor any rule preventing other corps from picking up some of them, if they can. Hard to find spots for 130+ kids, even if they all wanted to go somewhere else. I taught a lot of them too, they are GREAT kids.

Really? I could have sworn there was a rule, at least there was in the corps I was in, so that kids couldn't bail mid-season and go join someone else. I didn't know if it was any different if the corps folded mid-tour

• Like 1

I always enjoyed Teal Sound's shows in the past and was looking forward to seeing them again this year. This is really sad. :sad:

#### shame. I know rumors had swirled this winter, but seeing them come out seemed to show it wasn't true.

I hope they get it worked out

Really? I could have sworn there was a rule, at least there was in the corps I was in, so that kids couldn't bail mid-season and go join someone else. I didn't know if it was any different if the corps folded mid-tour

I think that's what the contract is for--to keep you from joining another Corps mid-season. But if the entire Corps folds, then I'm hearing the contract is void and you're free to find another spot.

I agree about the extra year comment.

If the age out kids cant find an open spot, or choose not to, they should be given one extra year.

• Like 2

I think that's what the contract is for--to keep you from joining another Corps mid-season. But if the entire Corps folds, then I'm hearing the contract is void and you're free to find another spot.

That makes sense then. If the corps folds, then the contract ceases to exist, so they should be allowed to find a new spot somewhere else

I agree about the extra year comment.

If the age out kids cant find an open spot, or choose not to, they should be given one extra year.

That opens too big of a door though. Because then kids who get injured could petition for an extra year (like me), or kids who started a season and then had to leave for school or financial reasons. I think it would create too much of a grey area. But I wouldn't mind a red-shirt kind of system for kids who lose their age-out for whatever reason

• Like 1

Just heard the news from my son. They are on a bus to the next place and they heard somehow. What a shame!!!! This activity is dwindling...it makes me sad. Better to fold, though, then put the kids through a really bad summer. Hopefully this will turn out well for all involved.