Marching arts leaders meet in Indianapolis

On 7/13/2012 at 9:39 PM, TomPeashey said:

you all jumped to the championships being merged which will NEVER happen... and missed the obvious... all the things that both organizations have as common overheads but could be quite beneficial to have "cooperative" overhead... this would include such things as yearbook production and printing, to various media opportunities to marketing...

Further, I think it was far more significant that WGI and BOA were equally involved in such a logistical meeting with DCI and DCA...

Forget the extremes and concentrate on the benefits of cooperation...

Never say never Tom. Never 🙂

56 minutes ago, camel lips said:

Way back in 2012. But no one wanted to listed or even consider the possibilities.  LOL

yup. tho several of us evolved our views over the years. but we still didn't have wild conspiracy theories on scores

Edited by Jeff Ream

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

yup. tho several of us evolved our views over the years. but we still didn't have wild conspiracy theories on scores

Nothing wild when the math checked out LOL 

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Deflection ! 

16 hours ago, camel lips said:

Nothing wild when the math checked out LOL 

just the one note samba

16 hours ago, camel lips said:

Deflection ! 

nope. some of us realized after finals left Annapolis, something was amiss.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

nope. some of us realized after finals left Annapolis, something was amiss.

Think my last DCA in person was year after Annapolis. After that Only watched at home and followed the SM posts. But sounded like Williamsport was huge nail in the coffin. After first year lot of complaints about stadium and saying not going back there. Of course DCA did go back.  And speaking from experience… after not going to corps shows for a year, you really don’t miss it and find other things to do. And lot harder to come back than leave

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

well you have a contract it's tough to get out of. but really after Annapolis is when you saw the number of corps  slipped under 20, and by 19 the Labor Day issue reared its head in a big way.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well you have a contract it's tough to get out of. but really after Annapolis is when you saw the number of corps  slipped under 20, and by 19 the Labor Day issue reared its head in a big way.

IMO Annapolis might have been the high-water mark for DCA, in terms of being at a top-shelf venue in a great city and big combined market (Annapolis/ DC/Baltimore). And major airports nearby. 

Yes, it was expensive for DCA to be there... but, and hindsight is always 20/20, I think it might have been DCA's last, best opportunity to grab a bigger slice of the pie, so to speak. 

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

IMO Annapolis might have been the high-water mark for DCA, in terms of being at a top-shelf venue in a great city and big combined market (Annapolis/ DC/Baltimore). And major airports nearby. 

Yes, it was expensive for DCA to be there... but, and hindsight is always 20/20, I think it might have been DCA's last, best opportunity to grab a bigger slice of the pie, so to speak. 

with Crusaders, Empire and Brigs gone, the one thing Rochester bragged about slipped away...the local support. All Fronteir Field complaints/jokes aside, the crowd in 96 was the biggest i perormed before for DCA finals. even the first few years back after Scranton had good crowds. i agree about Annapolis, but the financial deal for Rochester was incredibly favorable for DCA.....until it wasn't.

• Like 3