grand prix scores

I think some of you guys greatly overestimate how many people in corps, whether DCI or DCA, actually care enough to post here, or even know what DCP is. Hell, I routinely go multiple years without checking this forum. The younger the member, the less likely they will come to this site. The fact that C2 members don't come here and post is probably because they don't care or even know about this site. There's no plot. There's no ulterior motives. No gag order on members. Just people that like to play music for you, blissfully ignorant of all the drama that community forums like this present.

other than the gag order statement , which I can tell you 1st had most or many DCI corps have it..I think you are right totally..Not so much here but in the DCI site they actually believe that the small amount of people who post there ( which I do also ) actually believe they are saving drum corps. Although I will tell you many posters have supplied much needed amusement on a long bus ride to the next location........DCP is fine , just way to serious and very self indulgent on the importance of ones opinions...JMO :smile:

I spoke with the baritone section of Phantom a couple weeks ago. DCP came up. They not only know what it is, they said it is often read on bus rides, down time, etc... And not one of them made a negative comment.

wellllll I can tell you 1st hand thats not totally true....but thats cool..............kids in good respectful corps are also taught ..no negativity to anyone in the public....or you go home......PR also usually doent have much negativity...DCA site not bad either....but wow there sure are some self rightous, vigalante, saviors of drum corps on the DCi site.....................I often wonder if i really should stop posting myself BUT usually I try to just give a view point from the road and its just my perspective and wouldnt ever say majority view....like many like to do..................I read many of your posts and truly appreciate your thoughts on the activity Geoff.

Edited by GUARDLING

I spoke with the baritone section of Phantom a couple weeks ago. DCP came up. They not only know what it is, they said it is often read on bus rides, down time, etc... And not one of them made a negative comment.

how dare you use facts

:tongue:

I think some of you guys greatly overestimate how many people in corps, whether DCI or DCA, actually care enough to post here, or even know what DCP is. Hell, I routinely go multiple years without checking this forum. The younger the member, the less likely they will come to this site. The fact that C2 members don't come here and post is probably because they don't care or even know about this site. There's no plot. There's no ulterior motives. No gag order on members. Just people that like to play music for you, blissfully ignorant of all the drama that community forums like this present.

Oh I know some c2 members that do know about it. They are laughing out how freaked out people are,

Good point....I was thinking in terms of the buzz at the actual show....not during the runup.

But let's be honest here....the vast majority of negative buzz aimed at C2 is because of it's connection to Hop....no matter how firm or tenuous.

If C2 had instead been Spirit2, VK2, or Pio2, we would NOT be seeing the doom & gloom brigade like we have for C2.

that and misconceptions that is's Cadets1 ageouts etc.

So... back on topic here...

How about those Grand Prix scores???? :tongue: