grand prix scores

Being there life, I'm honestly surprised at Fusion's score. I thought they would be much higher, even close to or ahead of the hurricanes. The spread from the buccs down if about right. The penalty for C2 I'm guessing was timing, because it took them a long time to get set up. I also would've put Bush in last, as they were out right horrendous tonight. I'm interested in the recap though.

I'd say you're right about the C2 penalty being a timing one.

SoCal Dream got a 0.4 penalty for being 7 seconds UNDER time at prelims in 2004 (If ONLY I'd played with the crowd a little more from the podium!)...so C2 probably went over by 14-ish seconds.

Since Cadets often go overtime early in the season...kinda nice to know the C2 continues the tradition! :tongue:

Edited by 84BDsop

Cadets2 penalty was under time in performance.

I'd say you're right about the C2 penalty being a timing one.

SoCal Dream got a 0.4 penalty for being 7 seconds UNDER time at prelims in 2004 (If ONLY I'd played with the crowd a little more from the podium!)...so C2 probably went over by 14-ish seconds.

Since Cadets often go overtime early in the season...kinda nice to know the C2 continues the tradition! :tongue:

C2 not bad for a first show but I would have had Fusion above them. Cabs are much improved from the last few years but the Bucs are in a league of there own. The 5 point spread was about wright I thought it would be at least that or more. Looks like they are bent on taking the DCA trophy back to Redding. This show is better than any show the won with in the past there new staff has put together a amazing show.

Cadets2 penalty was under time in performance.

Ok....right penalty....wrong direction!! :tongue:

Might've been a little overhype...wasn't this their first show?? Over-hyping was the major reason for Dream's penalty....we ALL rushed because it was our first DCA trip...not just me (oh BOY did I rush the count off for Jupiter)

So the big mark Cadets2 made in the show was beating the Cabs in percussion and coming quite close to the Hurricanes according to the recaps.

The Cadets2 drumline is no joke. I fully expect them to pass Hurcs and be nipping on Reading's heels by season's end. Looking at the recaps, it's pretty clear they were victims of performance order to some degree, which will continue over the next few weeks. At least the judges now have a baseline. I expect Cadets2 will close the gap to Hurcs/Cabs/ES very fast.

The Cadets2 drumline is no joke. I fully expect them to pass Hurcs and be nipping on Reading's heels by season's end. Looking at the recaps, it's pretty clear they were victims of performance order to some degree, which will continue over the next few weeks. At least the judges now have a baseline. I expect Cadets2 will close the gap to Hurcs/Cabs/ES very fast.

You know what makes me laugh about this C2 thing?? If this were any other corps, everyone would be writing them off.

Take the relationship to YEA and Cadets out of the picture and just imagine this to be a new corps. If that corps came out in the MIDDLE OF JULY and were that far back in the standings, missing guard work, Really rough vis program, etc... Everyone on here would be saying things like, "not going to be top 5", or, "too much work to do".

But because it's Cadets, it's becoming apparent everyone automatically believes they just will be better. I fell for that too.

Bottom line, the same staff that everyone is expecting to get this corps 7 or so points better really quickly is the same staff that had the corps coming out mid July like they were last night.

Maybe I''m being too harsh. That's not my intention. I'm glad C2 is doing what they are doing. I'm just also glad to see they are just like everyone else.

In my mind, DCA is now as competitive as I hoped it would be. No C2 just running away with eveything like people predicted.

Edited by irishbugle
  • Like 4

You know what makes me laugh about this C2 thing?? If this were any other corps, everyone would be writing them off.

Take the relationship to YEA and Cadets out of the picture and just imagine this to be a new corps. If that corps came out in the MIDDLE OF JULY and were that far back in the standings, missing guard work, Really rough vis program, etc... Everyone on here would be saying things like, "not going to be top 5", or, "too much work to do".

But because it's Cadets, it's becoming apparent everyone automatically believes they just will be better. I fell for that too.

Bottom line, the same staff that everyone is expecting to get this corps 7 or so points better really quickly is the same staff that had the corps coming out mid July like they were last night.

Maybe I''m being too harsh. That's not my intention. I'm glad C2 is doing what they are doing. I'm just also glad to see they are just like everyone else.

In my mind, DCA is now as competitive as I hoped it would be. No C2 just running away with eveything like people predicted.

Who said they were running away with everything as predicted? Do they have a show that has the potential to be improved? Yes. In reality everyone should have a show for the same. Some are better written than others and can go farther with the staff and membership combining and pushing to achieve it. C2 is that type of show. With the remaining 6 weeks of the season they can do things to improve that show and push it to a level wherein they will be up with the top guns in some of their placements. Will they remains to be seen but with their 1st show under their belt I certain don't be thinking they remain in that placement for the rest of the year, nor do I see them winning the whole thing. But do a whole lot better? Oh yeah.....

I don't think that it was really a matter of folks thinking C2 would run away with anything. I did however think that the first half of their program from the vid of the July exhibition looked very impressive, as did a few other folks on these boards. Granted, they were sorely lacking in guard and the second half of the program had no drill, but IMO Cadets2 had an overall better presentation/design and at least equal execution in comparison to vids of Cabs/Hurcs/Empire from Bridgeport. Curious as to what happened last night, but I guess a lot can happen in 2 weeks, both positve and negative. Of course, early on it looks like another romp for Reading. I must say they have one of the most musical drills I have EVER seen. Kudos!

Edited by VOReason