People talk about the upper echelon corps such as Hurcs, Cabs and Bucs. Those were the only corps with completed guard books last night. That would just be another reason why they are considered in the upper echelon. Their staffs and members are putting in that effort to have completed shows. And the fans AND judges are aware of it.

I bolded that statement because that's what it all boils down to. The guards that were complete chose to do so. Period. The guards that weren't also made that choice. It's a shame it isn't reflected in the scores to a high degree. It sure wasn't at Wildwood.

• Like 3

A huge part of it is that most members and staff are also involved with WGI - so first rehearsals for guard typically happen in May. Learning the whole show (drill and work) in basically 6 weeks (weekend only rehearsals) is a little much to ask.

But at this point - all the big impacts of the show should be learnt. Major kudos to Hurricanes for not only having all the work done - but it's already pretty clean and they're performing the heck out of it!!!

Later,

Mike

sorry IMO this is nothing more than a common excuse...Ive been in this business a long time with WGI guards and DCA and DCI corps and at very least 3/4 of a show can be done and should be...impacts should be there or at very least reflected in that guard score...WHICH in some cases was not last night..and should have been..if your not finished fine...THANKS FOR COMING...i will admit I only got to see some videos sent to me but it was easy to see in most cases

I bolded that statement because that's what it all boils down to. The guards that were complete chose to do so. Period. The guards that weren't also made that choice. It's a shame it isn't reflected in the scores to a high degree. It sure wasn't at Wildwood.

10000 percent correct,, another reason some new blood needed

• Like 1

Reading Buccaneers dominated all captions and rightfully so. This show has it all. The dirt I saw in Bridgeport was nonexistent tonight. They got the pro-Caballero crowd into the show. All sections are solid and this show WILL win in September. That is, as long as the Bucs don't lose focus. If the last six years are any indication, that won't be a problem. The switch to all black did not distract me as much tonight and the rifle line was amazing. Brass unleashes a power not usually heard with this corps and timing was a lock throughout the show. First by a lot and rightfully so. The only reason corps will catch up to Reading in August is because the Bucs cant score higher than 100.

The other 2 corps in the top 3 were not there... I wouldnt put all my money on Bucs just yet. A good bet yes, just hard to say without everyone there.

A huge part of it is that most members and staff are also involved with WGI - so first rehearsals for guard typically happen in May. Learning the whole show (drill and work) in basically 6 weeks (weekend only rehearsals) is a little much to ask.

But at this point - all the big impacts of the show should be learnt. Major kudos to Hurricanes for not only having all the work done - but it's already pretty clean and they're performing the heck out of it!!!

Later,

Mike

i cry bogus.Bucs more often than not have their #### together at Wildwood, and many of their folks deal with an indoor season that runs til the first weekend of May.

• Like 3

I'm a fan of this post, the Hurcs guard AND guardguy89!! <3

Later,

Mike

i cry bogus.Bucs more often than not have their #### together at Wildwood, and many of their folks deal with an indoor season that runs til the first weekend of May.

youre right jeff and Kam....if Bucs can be done and Hurcs so can others..there are tons of HS kids in WGI in Hurcs for sure and they have a #1 product..If 3/4 a product is done and major impacts done in early july thats cool..if not ..call extra rehearsal time...i can see making things better, doing some re- writes as guards get better BUT a huge part of hurcs success in past years has been they have been the cleanest thing out there. So being ready afford them the time to make themselves that way.

There has been times when some circumstances prevent being ready I guess BUT in that case score needs to reflect it..you shouldnt get credit for what MAY be there in the future

Edited by GUARDLING

It's really simple: The corps that makes best use of their time will have the most success. I have no doubt that if anyone at Bucs misses something due to another commitment, they have to learn it on their OWN TIME and be ready to do it by the time rehearsal comes around. That doesn't happen everywhere, or maybe some corps will have a section or two that are like that.... where I have a feeling that happens in nearly every section of the top 5 corps in DCA.