I agree. And Sky was waiting a long time for the mini corps to finish up. Like I said, we were within our allotted time frame, while LE took their sweet time. Enough!

Ray

Hi Ray,

Sorry you felt like you were waiting around for a "LONG" time, however in reviewing the video of our performance, we started at 6:28pm (2 mins early) and the program lasted 15mins 32 seconds. At which time we broke down our equipment as fast as possible while Sky Alumni was already proceeding onto the field. (I remember saying hurry up to our perc section as I was pulling the cart of equipment for them to make sure we were out of there ON TIME!)

So in short, we were also under the 17 min performance timeline. Again sorry you felt like you were waiting around to perform.

• Like 1

Hi Ray,

Sorry you felt like you were waiting around for a "LONG" time, however in reviewing the video of our performance, we started at 6:28pm (2 mins early) and the program lasted 15mins 32 seconds. At which time we broke down our equipment as fast as possible while Sky Alumni was already proceeding onto the field. (I remember saying hurry up to our perc section as I was pulling the cart of equipment for them to make sure we were out of there ON TIME!)

So in short, we were also under the 17 min performance timeline. Again sorry you felt like you were waiting around to perform.

stop-lying-to-yourself.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, John......

In the mid-50s to mid-60s, there was a contest called The Preview of Champions, a jr/sr contest at Jersey City's Roosevelt Stadium. It was sort of a bookend to The Dream Contest later in the season. The contest was held annually near MEMORIAL DAY weekend.

In fact, in 1964, Vasella Musketeers won a preliminary contest held for one spot at the contest. They scored 91+ on Saturday, APRIL 11. There were 7 or 8 corps at that contest ready to go. Why? Because while not a championship, IT WAS IMPORTANT.

Read about April drum corps http://historical-dr...th-preview.html

I so miss those days.....

Joe

I miss them too.... We were always ready with a completed show in June. We practiced every week all year long to do it. It wasn't a hardship, we loved it.....