I know Reading stood at the back gate in Bridgeport last year for a looooong time while an alumni corps (might have been two) performed mid-show. That kind of stuff is really not acceptable.

I agree. And Sky was waiting a long time for the mini corps to finish up. Like I said, we were within our allotted time frame, while LE took their sweet time. Enough!

Ray

I get the indoor/WGI thing. But at the same time, why is it affecting the guards and not the percussion sections? I have yet to see a drumline dut-dut their way through two thirds of a show because they "didn't have time" to get it done.

Many of the drum line people follow their instructor. Most of them march in the same places. They also have music on paper to learn during the week. The guards do not have many rehearsals over the winter because most guard people are coming from different indoor guards, different techniques and do not have a way to learn the work correctly from a piece of paper or a video.

The hornline and the drumline usually have how many rehearsals and start learning drill in the spring. The colorguard steps in in May and must learn the entire show that the corps already knows. So, unless we go back to the old school ways of presents, slams, carves, and whatever else, you are going to have a work in progress during the season.

I personally do not even go to a show until the end of the season because i KNOW the shows won't be done. So, if your complaint is that you are a paying customer, then don't go to the show because u know it isn't going to be finished. I would rather see something clean than 10 minutes of pure mess and chaos on the field just to get it done for the first show.

• Like 3

*blink*

WOW the paying customers were just told to #### off....

Yes that is the death knell to this activity....

• Like 1

*blink*

WOW the paying customers were just told to #### off....

Yes that is the death knell to this activity....

By another fan's opinion, not from an actual corps, staff member or representative speaking on behalf of an actual competing corps.

Many of the drum line people follow their instructor. Most of them march in the same places. They also have music on paper to learn during the week. The guards do not have many rehearsals over the winter because most guard people are coming from different indoor guards, different techniques and do not have a way to learn the work correctly from a piece of paper or a video.

The hornline and the drumline usually have how many rehearsals and start learning drill in the spring. The colorguard steps in in May and must learn the entire show that the corps already knows. So, unless we go back to the old school ways of presents, slams, carves, and whatever else, you are going to have a work in progress during the season.

I personally do not even go to a show until the end of the season because i KNOW the shows won't be done. So, if your complaint is that you are a paying customer, then don't go to the show because u know it isn't going to be finished. I would rather see something clean than 10 minutes of pure mess and chaos on the field just to get it done for the first show.

oh ########. Bucs have people involved in a myriad of programs during the winter, both performing and teaching, and still get their #### on the field.

Oh and they are always in the hunt for guard if not at the top. Having seen a video last night from Barnum, I'd say all of their winter involvement hasn't hurt their guard one bit.

By another fan's opinion, not from an actual corps, staff member or representative speaking on behalf of an actual competing corps.

Exactly. So take that fan's perspective and times it by 200 fans.. does that hurt the activity? Yes because once you lose fans it is hard to get them back.

• Like 2

Exactly. So take that fan's perspective and times it by 200 fans.. does that hurt the activity? Yes because once you lose fans it is hard to get them back.

Since when does one person's opinion speak for 200?

I understand the once you lose fans..................I'm not exactly new around here.

• Like 1

Because based on what I've seen the majority of the guards are not pushing themselves to finish their shows and be preparwd for the season. What the pister said is valid ie wait til the later part of the season. I don't agree that we should do that and feel if the 3 best guards can push to get their shows done, the rest can.

But if they keep choosing not to, the writing is on the wall to lose more fans

• Like 1

Because based on what I've seen the majority of the guards are not pushing themselves to finish their shows and be preparwd for the season. What the pister said is valid ie wait til the later part of the season. I don't agree that we should do that and feel if the 3 best guards can push to get their shows done, the rest can.

But if they keep choosing not to, the writing is on the wall to lose more fans

Clearly my point was not articulated properly. I don't agree with the "wait" approach at all, but that one person does not speak for everyone or anyone but themselves. I do not think a guard staff is making the choice to just fill in as the season goes on, there are many variables involved. Not excuses but reasons.

• Like 2

It isn't just this season, or 1 guard. It becomes more od an issue each season. If it was 1 group or writing it off to some problems would be easy.

And you only get 1st chance to get in new fans. If they see they've paid this much for partial productions ....my answer was "I have no idea why". But I had to say it for the majority of performances. Not everyone will say lets go give it another shot.

So far the people who go to 1 show a year because it is local, what should be said to them? Oh you aren't worth a full production?

• Like 1