Note to DCA....

liz help me out here. i haven't seen a show. are they using any national flag as an instrument to use for tosses or spinning? is a national flag being dipped? if so that is a flag violation. it's illegal. a national flag should never be lower that any other flag. i'm just trying to find out what's going on.

Basically they are using silks that represent the UK flag. They are not actual flags nor are they exact replicas. Spun and thrown just like any other flag.

DCA clearly has no issues with it so Im not really sure why this thread is still going.

• Like 1

Basically they are using silks that represent the UK flag. They are not actual flags nor are they exact replicas. Spun and thrown just like any other flag.

DCA clearly has no issues with it so Im not really sure why this thread is still going.

well andy get's carried away sometimes. but he's just a concerned honor guard master. he likes to stick to the rules. i'm sure if he knew that it would be good.

96 was a sham!!! :ph34r:

You're right. The spread should have been bigger

edit

Edited by HurcsGuyGD.

Empire Statesmen, Stars and stripes show. mid to early 90's. Giant sized American flag flies over the entire field and gets tossed off into the sidelines. It was an epic moment in which a great drum corps gave tribute to our American flag. What is so bad about that?

Now the Hurcs are doing a fun show paying tribute to great British song writers.

I don't see what's so bad about that as well.

(edit)

Time to end this thread already. That's what I'm thinkin.

Edited by Geoff
Edited inappropriate comment

Honestly, I don't think anyone from Hurricanes (or any corps for that matter, DCA or DCI) would make the "mistake" of having color guard flags an exact copy of a nations flag. So just let it be. :rock:

And I agree with the two who have already said it: I think it's about time this thread is closed, I don't see a reason for this to continue. :lookaround:

Honestly, I don't think anyone from Hurricanes (or any corps for that matter, DCA or DCI) would make the "mistake" of having color guard flags an exact copy of a nations flag. So just let it be. :rock:

And I agree with the two who have already said it: I think it's about time this thread is closed, I don't see a reason for this to continue. :lookaround:

when the author andy decides to close it he will. but i agree with you.