Blue Devils on top...really?

I literally just watched the VOD from the Fan Network of the Cadets and Blue Devils shows side by side from the Championships in Indy last year. Blue Devils were MUCH cleaner, in my opinion (drill and music), but Cadets still won. Then I saw this post, and it was a perfect opportunity to talk about that. Last year, when I watched both shows, I actually liked the Cadets show more than Blue Devils. However, just now, watching both of those shows from 2011 again, for some reason I like the Blue Devils more than Cadets. And again, you have to watch them, Blue Devils were much cleaner but still didn't win. Also, I liked the Blue Devils whole show design, idea, general effect, you name it, better.

I didn't like BD's show last year. I liked Cadets music better last year. Yea BD was cleaner but, I have never liked Bacharach much at all.

And they'd look silly for doing so.

Let's not get into that November night in 2000, now. My head swiveled so many times that night....sheesh

• Like 1

I personally respect all the Blue Devils do. When it comes to thinking outside the box and putting on a show they have definitely found a way to do that. The problem comes when we try to define was difficulty is and how the judges interpret that. In the end everything is laid down to interpretation.

Me personally, I am rooting for crown this year but I watch the shows to decide. For Minnesota I called the top 5 perfectly (Almost got main captains right also but BD took music). Despite that, Crown was only behind BD by .5. When moving to the Rockford show, sure scores were a lot different but that's how the season is going to to be. New sheets, different judges, and all that fun jazz. In my opinion only regionals, where everybody is there, will show what true scores are. The rest don't mean anything (including TOC shows). Everyone isn't there. Not to mention there are judges that put .3 or .2 spreads between captions to separate people out. It happens.

BD and Crown are gonna go head and head. Both have the shows to take it but there's always the dream team favorite. Just let both corps do what they do. Crown is a underdog trying to take their rise up. Blue Devils are the top champions. They'll prove themselves worthy once that drill is clean and they keep people out their seats come finals because it's so unbelievable. It's..."super natural". ;)

• Like 2