Blue Devils on top...really?

The 'average Joe' doesn't come to a DC show to watch basically what that Youtube video shows. They come for excitement, intensity, showmanship and to be entertained. Who the flip cares about Dada or even knows what the heck it is?? And shut the flip up with the narration! Good grief does it go on and on and on and is so distracting!! I don't speak French, don't care to learn to either to understand a nonsense show. I'm gonna be blunt here....I'm old school DC and this sucks, period! Gimme a Madison front blowing my face off while the drumline is rocking in the rear riding with cymbals and the place is going absolutely nuts. THAT, my young friends, is what DRUM CORPS is all about!! Forget all this other nonsense. Just shut up and blow my fricking face off already! Tired of all this cerebral BS!!!! That isn't what DC is about..you want that, go watch a Opera....gimme my DRUM CORPS back!

Edited by Sportster
  • Like 3

The 'average Joe' doesn't come to a DC show to watch basically what that Youtube video shows. They come for excitement, intensity, showmanship and to be entertained. Who the flip cares about Dada or even knows what the heck it is?? And shut the flip up with the narration! Good grief does it go on and on and on and is so distracting!! I don't speak French, don't care to learn to either to understand a nonsense show. I'm gonna be blunt here....I'm old school DC and this sucks, period! Gimme a Madison front blowing my face off while the drumline is rocking in the rear riding with cymbals and the place is going absolutely nuts. THAT, my young friends, is what DRUM CORPS is all about!! Forget all this other nonsense. Just shut up and blow my fricking face off already! Tired of all this cerebral BS!!!! That isn't what DC is about..you want that, go watch a Opera....gimme my DRUM CORPS back!

AMEN Brother Preach it! Of course, we're just paying fans that put the money in DCI's pockets ... what do we know about drum corps?

• Like 1

Is not the fact that the past few years the judges have been rewarding BD shows that buck the conventional trend showing a new vision?

Pretty sure that's what I said ... only you said it in reverse.

"Sundance is weird. The movies are weird — you actually have to think about them when you watch them." - Britney Spears, 2003

• Like 3

It really seems like you're trying to set the world record for the most sentences saying the exact same thing.

I cant wait to see BD live to watch the audiences faces. I am highly curious of the live crowd response of this show.

Yeah, I was pretty peeved when I first saw it as well, and shared many of the same thoughts. However, I have to admit, the show has grown on me. There are peel your face moments, but there are also thought provoking moments, and even an emotional connection at points if you can get past and accept certain aspects of the show. That's just my opinion, however I can see people being sore all year about it, which is entirely their right.

It's "an Opera".

And you have thus made my point...

:-)

• Like 1

But wasn't that the purpose of the new judging sheets to bring more entertainment "back" to drum corps? If fans don't get the show,and have the WTF feeling, how can it be rewarded high scores in entertainment? Judges please explain that to me? Dan A ... you might need to have little chat with your judges and remind them about this thing called entertainment. Blue Devils play and execute on a very high level, but entertaining, they are NOT!

• Like 2

strong with the force I am

When BD decides to do things like march and play simultaneously, they are as good as anyone else, if not better. The other times... how do you judge that?!

I've said it three times in this thread alone...Are we watching the same show? The Blue Devils ARE marching and playing simultaneously throughout the show. They halt for a few impact moments (like EVERY other corps) and the trumpets and euphs stand during the most difficult phrase in the show during Bird and Bela. Have you actually been watching?