Blue Devils on top...really?

Well - look at it this way. I will be making a presentation for a new corps in September, trying to introduce the activity to new kids and parents. I will gladly show youtube clips of BD in the lot. I mean - they're BD for Pete's sake, and the only word you can use is "WOW"!!!

But would I play this show to get them excited about the activity? Not a chance....

• Like 1

They always have the talent, but the "artistic direction" recently - not my thing, thanks. Judging by the audible crowd discontent when the scores were announced Saturday, I suspect one or two people might agree with me.

The new sheets change this! More fan friendly! Can't you tell? The horizontal boxes make all the difference :devil:

• Like 4

They really aren't that clean. People are acting as if Devils are spotless. They aren't even close. But they probably will be.

My take exactly…saw them in Rockford and thought, hmmmm, this is very beat-able…the readable forms towards the front end of the show were surprisingly dirty…and in the scatter drill when the corps does some steps in unison (to make the scatter look purposeful)…wow, blown bits every where

Their Guard looked messy too, way messy, like 4th place dirty

I really thought they had a bad night (my first view of the show) but their score said otherwise

I don’t think Crown has the show to beat them though, sorry kids

Surprised how much I enjoyed BD’s music, it rocked…almost as good as last years’ show but heir Visual did nothing for me, and yeah, I see why it frustrates other people – it takes advantage or the sheets and BD’s reputation – if Blue Knights preformed that same drill at that same level, they’d be about where they are at now in visual scores (around 12th?) – the visual Rep/ Comp/ Cont scores are very generous but oh well – I just hope it doesn’t push other corps into that sort of visual program as to me, it’s the anti-GE

• Like 3

Surprised how much I enjoyed BDs music, it rocked…almost as good as last years show but heir Visual did nothing for me, and yeah, I see why it frustrates other people it takes advantage or the sheets and BDs reputation if Blue Knights preformed that same drill at that same level, theyd be about where they are at now in visual scores (around 12th?) the visual Rep/ Comp/ Cont scores are very generous but oh well I just hope it doesnt push other corps into that sort of visual program as to me, its the anti-GE

It's not very Christian to criticize the Blue Devils.

Edited by LincolnV

You can't argue with clean. So until anyone can execute their show better than they can, get use to seeing them dominate.

The Blue Devils finisdhed 1st in General Effect Music however. This is a content caption, ( ie, " what you play ") not so much an execution caption ie, like Brass ( which is more of a " how you play " caption ). Just sayin'.

I think you missed his point.

Perhaps - my interpretation of his post was that this discussion would be ongoing regardless of who was performing the show: that it is not a vendetta against Devils, it's just about the show design. Did I have a senior moment on that?