Blue Devils on top...really?

Devils have amassed a great deal of haters because of their undeniable track record of success. Not every show has to end with people standing up and screaming. Sometimes, a show can be high art, engaging, or simply really cool without driving people to a frenzy.

People the want an audience applause meter clearly think movies like Saving Private Ryan, The Back Swan, Inception, The Artist, The King's Speech were all crap because they didn't elicit the correct response. You can have a drum corps show that evokes a different kind of response. If "the masses" miss the point, fine. That doesn't make an intellectual program bad. It just means the masses didn't get it.

Then again, the masses aren't judging. And before anyone says "we judge with our wallet", I'm pretty sure Devils souvie sails aren't exactly slumping the last few years.

Then, how exactly are the judges judging the audience response? Most souvie sales year after year? PR.

Crown will get clean and ultimately win with a better show as Cadets will get clean and ultimately open margin up on PR

and close in on BD. A bit early still in season to started measuring corps for rings.

Hmmm...PR was .25 away from Cadets in Rockford! Sounds like PR is closing the gap instead.

• Like 1

Except that it isn't. Not to mention that even if you were right (and you aren't), screaming fans isn't the only way to show appreciation. Sometimes it's not even appropriate. And as others have asked you tonight, please stop presuming to speak for "the fans".

BD may have got the least amount of applause in Minny. It was very very light. Then when they won, many booed.

• Like 2

Yes, the brass does do some development, but it's few and far between. Also, their brass (as a whole) normally plays the least of any other corps, but you don't notice because they're moving $@%# around the field.

You couldn't be more wrong, watch the show before making unsubstantiated claims like this.

• Like 2

this stuff seriously gets so old. there's a reason BD is ahead of crown: they're cleaner. end of story.

• Like 3

Hmmm...PR was .25 away from Cadets in Rockford! Sounds like PR is closing the gap instead.

I think it was even tighter on Saturday night.

• Like 1

I didn't like BD's show last year. I liked Cadets music better last year. Yea BD was cleaner but, I have never liked Bacharach much at all.

Bacharach is awesome & I loved BD last year.

• Like 1

so people say in the offseason i want BD to do this i want to hear that. Season starts and they do said things people wished and then everyone hates on them. I unlike the majority of this topic am unbiased towards both groups and id love to see BD win, Yes crown has a good sound but the majorit of fanfare is long notes and after the first time i hear it loud i dont really need to hear it again. BD is a show of things i never expected. Its kind of like 2008 in my eyes and i think thats why i like it. To all the Crown honks fans and family. How would you feel if they got booed? Who cares about the score at a show dont boo. instead come here and complain but leave the kids out of it,

• Like 1

Well....it's hard to argue with the Blue Devils, they do get dressed cleaner than most other corps. I've never seen a corps put on a jacket on the field with greater maturity than the Devils. They must have rehearsed many days in a haberdashery prior to tour :tongue:

Hmmmm....I wonder if this is the first time the word 'haberdashery' has been used on DCP???? :tongue:

• Like 5

With all the talk about the "lack of" physical demand in BD's show and the gripes over it, why is it that no one really complains about a lack of physical demand in Phantoms show?

Are you serious? Which is harder...a straight line on the move or random squiggly lines on the move? Have you marched? Sorry to be so blunt, that is a crazy statement.

• Like 1