Outstading Ovation Olathe!

It's the judge folks. Same guy judged BAC very low yesterday in GE Music as judged them low in percussion tonite. Oddly, tonight's GE Music judge had BAC over a point higher than last night. This is an example of a judge not liking a corps/show and letting that override their ability to judge performance with some objectivity...IMO.

You can't just look at scores, you have to know the judges. It's crazy how differently they approach their jobs. I don't feel the new judging system has changed ANYTHING!

That wouldn't be the same judge that was almost plowed over by Spirit's battery and then hid a LONG time by the front line, would it? Somehow still managed to continue judging from his hiding spot :confused:

After looking at the lineup, was I the only one that thought having the host corps go last wasn't such a hot idea? I had Colts ahead of Academy within shot of Stars. Granted, they have 12 new people learning the program with 3 days of work; but I think what's keeping them off of the 10-12 bubble is more a visible unifying theme, a more obvious GE. All of the elements are there and they clearly have what it takes, just need to wrap it up in a pretty and obvious package. The standings from last night gave the false impression that that was not the case.

After looking at the lineup, was I the only one that thought having the host corps go last wasn't such a hot idea? I had Colts ahead of Academy within shot of Stars. Granted, they have 12 new people learning the program with 3 days of work; but I think what's keeping them off of the 10-12 bubble is more a visible unifying theme, a more obvious GE. All of the elements are there and they clearly have what it takes, just need to wrap it up in a pretty and obvious package. The standings from last night gave the false impression that that was not the case.

At Minneapolis the Colts finished 16th 4 points behind 12th so I don't think last night's score was an odd thing to see. Not to say the Colts can't contend for a Finals spot but of those in that group, Colts are near the bottom.

At Minneapolis the Colts finished 16th 4 points behind 12th so I don't think last night's score was an odd thing to see. Not to say the Colts can't contend for a Finals spot but of those in that group, Colts are near the bottom.

And yet 2 days before Minneapolis they were slotting between 12 and 14, with a spread of .9 with scores from different judging panels. Fascinating... This isn't a concern of position, it's about a strangely evolving erratic spread.

That wouldn't be the same judge that was almost plowed over by Spirit's battery and then hid a LONG time by the front line, would it? Somehow still managed to continue judging from his hiding spot :confused:

Oh, Fugett.

(I think thats the judge you're referring too, no ?

I wasn't there, but I know enough about that judge to say it doesn't surprise me...and I think it's pretty hilarious but unfortunate. He used to be percussion caption head judge years ago, but it sounds pretty clear he can't handle it on the field any more.

Oh, Fugett.

Yep...

Oh, Fugett.

Yup -- definitely a "deer in the headlights moment" as he dodged the battery only to step into the guard freight train that was coming from the opposite direction. :laughing:

Madison Scouts scores :

July 13th : 79.300

July 14th : 77.750

July 16th : 77.600

Jeeez, at this rate are the DCI judges taking them to a point that they'll hit 65 by Indy ? What the H ?

The Scouts were putting some changes at their Sunday rehearsal. It's not surprising to see a dip in GE until those changes get cleaned. Once cleaned, they will have a nice impact on the show. Let's asee how things look in a fews days, that will be a better barometer of how it is going. It was nice to see the percussion score back up. I really love the book this year and the men are playing it very well.