The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm still waiting for those pictures Greg took as we trooped the stands at San Diego.

Only one measly page of pics, Gilman? You're slipping!

Better than what I was able to get. Being IN the corps really puts a crimp on any chances of snapping off photos. I was hoping to get Dream in San Diego, but had to man the video camera instead. So then I planned on getting you in West Covina, but with the swap from going on first to going on after Dream, that plan was squashed, too. So no pics of Dream, except those that were taken by DCW and any other spectators. I'm going to make a point of getting tons for the Dream site this coming weekend. Do or die!! lol

Ryan control freak was not meant for you.

I really enjoyed your review and understand your point. My comment was more torward the curent state of jr corps where corps are afraid to cut loose with their music anymore. One more time Chuck Corea is one of my favorite tunes because of it's flat out in you face style. Yes, the Renegades show was not written in that style this year and some indescretions are being made. Playing like a violin sucks in my opinion. Renegadesl always do things a little differently than the rest of the crowd other wise we should call ourselves the San Francisco Sheep.

Keep the reviews coming but beware, I've got a double C ready to hit you between the eyes. :P

First, thank you very much for clarifying my friend. I was thinking that yet again I screwed up my grammar!! So, cool!

Second, I AGREE WITH YOU!!! That's for another post I have ready in the works...about the cutting loose part. The "concert band on the field" effect that's bugging me to no end!!! But I digress for now...

Thirdly, you don't scare me with your Double High C!! I had Maynard Ferguson come stand RIGHT NEXT TO ME at one of his concerts many moons ago, and drooled on me. I mean, he hit really high notes too!!! Don't get me wrong...that whole drooling thing though...sheesh...get it off me!! GET IT OFF!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Thanks dude...and you did catch the part in my review where I think you guys rock REGARDLESS of my tastes, right? :)

Bye for now...

First, thank you very much for clarifying my friend. I was thinking that yet again I screwed up my grammar!! So, cool!

Second, I AGREE WITH YOU!!! That's for another post I have ready in the works...about the cutting loose part. The "concert band on the field" effect that's bugging me to no end!!! But I digress for now...

Thirdly, you don't scare me with your Double High C!! I had Maynard Ferguson come stand RIGHT NEXT TO ME at one of his concerts many moons ago, and drooled on me. I mean, he hit really high notes too!!! Don't get me wrong...that whole drooling thing though...sheesh...get it off me!! GET IT OFF!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Thanks dude...and you did catch the part in my review where I think you guys rock REGARDLESS of my tastes, right? :)

Bye for now...

No problem Ryan, I like it when things get stired up around here!

By the way, Benny is good man but unfortunatly like you, he's a baritone. Something about hauling the heavy metal around tends to clog your senses . B)

I sat 3 feet in front of Arturo Sandovals bell a couple months back. Talk about a face peal!! You need to save the drool stained shirt like Monica Lewinski, could be worth something someday.

Loud is Good

Better than what I was able to get.  Being IN the corps really puts a crimp on any chances of snapping off photos. 

Somebody pays for my tour and I'll take pictures :lol:

Althought, I'd probably have an urge to grab a mellophone and rip out a trill or two.

Better than what I was able to get.  Being IN the corps really puts a crimp on any chances of snapping off photos. 

Somebody pays for my tour and I'll take pictures :lol:

Althought, I'd probably have an urge to grab a mellophone and rip out a trill or two.

Oh, so now you want to march again! We do have a couple sop holes that are badly in need of filling. :)

The Renegades have built a reputation on higher faster louder. Screaming sops are what brought me to this corps and I personally love the aggression of a high brass sound. This year’s show was not written with that in mind and you have a lot of talent trying to hold back. I have not had to deal with such a change in strategy since the 85 Blue Devils but eventually you find your groove. It's a little like the Renegades recruited a group of quarter horses to run fast and now want them to pull carriages around central park! Fear not, it will be clean and tasteful with just a taste a brass to #### you control freaks off. All I can say is the closing statement is being planned and I would highly suggest that an opportunity should be written for the sops to release that pent up energy!!

I would add that since this thread has turned into a very interesting Renegade show design symposium, I would formally like to announce that all of my soprano fighter pilot buddies will be incredibly happy with the new evil ending.

Subtle, it ain't. ^0^ :)

The Renegades have built a reputation on higher faster louder.  Screaming sops are what brought me to this corps and I personally love the aggression of a high brass sound.  This year’s show was not written with that in mind and you have a lot of talent trying to hold back.  I have not had to deal with such a change in strategy since the 85 Blue Devils but eventually you find your groove. It's a little like the Renegades recruited a group of quarter horses to run fast and now want them to pull carriages around central park!  Fear not, it will be clean and tasteful with just a taste a brass to #### you control freaks off.  All I can say is the closing statement is being planned and I would highly suggest that an opportunity should be written for the sops to release that pent up energy!!

I would add that since this thread has turned into a very interesting Renegade show design symposium, I would formally like to announce that all of my soprano fighter pilot buddies will be incredibly happy with the new evil ending.

Subtle, it ain't. ^0^ :)

IS IT IN THIS WEEKEND??????? IS IT????? b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

Oh, so now you want to march again!  We do have a couple sop holes that

are badly in need of filling.  :)

LOL....nah....already re-adjusted my labor day plans. Besides...you know that I have no idea how to play soprano.