Anyone know status of VK?

I *HAVE* emailed VK's director. The decision was made before the season/tour ever started. Not VK's fault DCI is slow to update their scheduling page. This wasn't like Racine or Teal that had to abort mid-season.

• Like 1

I *HAVE* emailed VK's director. The decision was made before the season/tour ever started. Not VK's fault DCI is slow to update their scheduling page. This wasn't like Racine or Teal that had to abort mid-season.

This communication of yours does not make a good impression on VK considering that even as late as the end of April the VK director Mayra Iraheta posted this comment on DCP for a meeting to be held on April 22 which stated that the corps was certainly going to "...Tour to finals this summer":

"The Velvet Knights Drum & Bugle corps is holding a rehearsal for all interested parties who want to TOUR to finals this summer with us, this Sunday April 22, 2012, Bell Gardens High School." link

Edited by Stu

Right on Stu. This is indicative of the hype machine that is the VK Director. Problem is the machine is missing a part - its called honesty.

(quote name='Stu' timestamp='1343307760' post='3184479']

This communication of yours does not make a good impression on VK considering that even as late as the end of April the VK director Mayra Iraheta posted this comment on DCP for a meeting to be held on April 22 which stated that the corps was certainly going to "...Tour to finals this summer":

"The Velvet Knights Drum & Bugle corps is holding a rehearsal for all interested parties who want to TOUR to finals this summer with us, this Sunday April 22, 2012, Bell Gardens High School." link

In before the close.

Can't wait for Mayra, posing as Troy, to jump down your throat.

Garry in Vegas

In before the close.

Can't wait for Mayra, posing as Troy, to jump down your throat.

Garry in Vegas

Bring it on! We did not make any promises, public or private, that we would take a group of youth on a Tour To Finals; Mayra did.

Quoted again for accuracy: "The Velvet Knights Drum & Bugle corps is holding a rehearsal for all interested parties who want to TOUR to finals this summer with us, this Sunday April 22, 2012, Bell Gardens High School." link

Edited by Stu

When you go to Disneyland and you wait in line for Big Thunder Mountain for 40 minutes, and then right before you get on the ride something unexpected happens. There is a ride stop, or even an emergency stop...the attraction has ceased operation to prevent anything from happening to the guests currently in the ride.

You question what happened? You were promised the wildest ride in the west! You are told one thing by the workers, the annual pass holders always have their version of what they assume happened. Maybe you get a pass to come back later on when it's up and running again. But ultimately you move on to the next attraction.

Seriously people...stop crowding Big Thunder Mountain and go check out other great attractions while the season is still on, I mean, park is still open. :tongue:

Edited by maestro!
  • Like 1

When you go to Disneyland and you wait in line for Big Thunder Mountain for 40 minutes, and then right before you get on the ride something unexpected happens. There is a ride stop, or even an emergency stop...the attraction has ceased operation to prevent anything from happening to the guests currently in the ride.

You question what happened? You were promised the wildest ride in the west! You are told one thing by the workers, the annual pass holders always have their version of what they assume happened. Maybe you get a pass to come back later on when it's up and running again. But ultimately you move on to the next attraction.

Seriously people...stop crowding Big Thunder Mountain and go check out other great attractions while the season is still on, I mean, park is still open. :tongue:

I take it that this post of yours was directed at, and directly intended for, the parents and youth members of VK, Teal, and Forte who paid their dues in full, and were promised a tour to finals; correct? Because those are the kids who paid to travel to Disnyland once month to wait for that ride; paid to get into Disnyland every camp to get to ride that ride; those are the kids who were promised the ride of their life; and those were the kids who were told as they began to embark on that ride sorry, false start, no trip finals, and by the way, no refund!

Edited by Stu

I take it that this post of yours was directed at, and directly intended for, the parents and youth members of VK, Teal, and Forte who paid their dues in full, and were promised a tour to finals; correct? Because those are the kids who paid to travel to Disnyland once month to wait for that ride; paid to get into Disnyland every camp to get to ride that ride; those are the kids who were promised the ride of their life; and those were the kids who were told as they began to embark on that ride sorry, false start, no trip finals, and by the way, no refund!

No, it was directed at everyone acting like a child on here to forget it and move on. Yes, VK advertised a tour this season. Just like a ride promises a lot of fun. But sometimes things happen that are made for those in charge to make a decision. Personally, I don't know what happened, nor do I poke around when things like this happen, because it has obviously been taken care of. The OP put that their website says "thanks for a great 2012". Those parties involved know what the issues where and why they had to stop the show. We, as fans of corps, should stop complaining, assuming, guessing, and move on to the next attraction. I've heard great things about other open class corps that are coming up and making heads turn! Let's go focus on that stuff.

I'm sure VK will be back...look at Impulse...people were bashing on them for the longest when they wanted to go on tour and then decided they couldn't after all. But now they are doing well again.

The economy is bad, and finger pointing never gets anyone anywhere. This ride is broken, come back next time. Meanwhile, feel free to enjoy other attractions. :cheer:

No, it was directed at everyone acting like a child on here to forget it and move on. Yes, VK advertised a tour this season. Just like a ride promises a lot of fun. But sometimes things happen that are made for those in charge to make a decision. Personally, I don't know what happened, nor do I poke around when things like this happen, because it has obviously been taken care of. The OP put that their website says "thanks for a great 2012". Those parties involved know what the issues where and why they had to stop the show. We, as fans of corps, should stop complaining, assuming, guessing, and move on to the next attraction. I've heard great things about other open class corps that are coming up and making heads turn! Let's go focus on that stuff.

I'm sure VK will be back...look at Impulse...people were bashing on them for the longest when they wanted to go on tour and then decided they couldn't after all. But now they are doing well again.

The economy is bad, and finger pointing never gets anyone anywhere. This ride is broken, come back next time. Meanwhile, feel free to enjoy other attractions. :cheer:

Ahhh.. but the point is that the ride (Teal, Forte, Revo, VJK, etc...) was broken and being held together by gum and tape "before the park even opened"; and the park director, who knew the ride was broken, decided to put on fresh paint and open the park as a great destination for kids under the hidden assumption that he/she could keep things looking great while hiding the gum and tape; and that director promised those kids a wonderful journey with that freshly painted ride; and after the kids were on that ride, beginning that wonderful journey, the director was not able to keep the gum and tape under that fresh paint from failing thus causing the ride to shut down as it began to move. Then the park director said to those kids, sorry, ride is over, and no refund is available to those who paid to get into the park and ride that ride.

• Like 1