Anyone know status of VK?

Ahhh.. but the point is that the ride (Teal, Forte, Revo, VJK, etc...) was broken and being held together by gum and tape "before the park even opened"; and the park director, who knew the ride was broken, decided to put on fresh paint and open the park as a great destination for kids under the hidden assumption that he/she could keep things looking great while hiding the gum and tape; and that director promised those kids a wonderful journey with that freshly painted ride; and after the kids were on that ride, beginning that wonderful journey, the director was not able to keep the gum and tape under that fresh paint from failing thus causing the ride to shut down as it began to move. Then the park director said to those kids, sorry, ride is over, and no refund is available to those who paid to get into the park and ride that ride.

My apologies then. Didn't know you spoke directly with the Director and they decided to disclose to you that they "knew" before hand that they weren't going on tour but decided to announce it anyway, and furthermore shared with you that they weren't giving anyone full refunds, and thus disclosing to you how much each member paid, assuring you that the lack of a refund was fact. Like I said, I don't poke around that information since it's a business contract between the member parties and organization.

But, assuming (the word we all love here) you're right about that...fear not!!! :closedeyes: When Disneyland first opened in 1955, most of the ride systems were having faults and ride stops...the amazing world that was promised to the public and media was not up to par! The director, Walt Disney, even told his maintenance/gardening crew to take seed tags and tag sections of dirt where foliage had not yet been delivered, to make it look like they were growing plantlife!! Everyone knows this, it wasn't the best way to handle it, but it was handled, and here we are years later, and Disneyland is booming even in this economy!

So I was just suggesting, let's move on and enjoy the next "ride" while this one gets back up and running. :silly:

• Like 1

My apologies then. Didn't know you spoke directly with the Director and they decided to disclose to you that they "knew" before hand that they weren't going on tour but decided to announce it anyway...

I did not have to speak with any of them; and neither do you; All I, or you, need to do is just read what they wrote in their own words (please read the letter from the Teal Sound director in the Teal Thread, or the response from the Revo Director in the Revo thread, etc...) They all admitted that they knew they did not have the funds to go out on tour before they ever left home. That, sir, was not looking out for the safety and welfare of the youth, and that, sir, is my real beef with what they did!

• Like 2

I did not have to speak with any of them; and neither do you; All I, or you, need to do is just read what they wrote in their own words (please read the letter from the Teal Sound director in the Teal Thread, or the response from the Revo Director in the Revo thread, etc...) They all admitted that they knew they did not have the funds to go out on tour before they ever left home. That, sir, was not looking out for the safety and welfare of the youth, and that, sir, is my real beef with what they did!

Amen. I was referring to the corps that decided never to hit the road, not those that did and then had to cancel. Good call though!

Face it Maestro, you were called out....... :shutup:

You best not speak any more on this matter.

VK has quite the sordid past when it comes to stuff like this. With any luck (and diligence from folks like Stu and me) they wont be able to perpetrate this type of fraud again and sell a bill of goods to the unsuspecting youth of Southern California.

Amen. I was referring to the corps that decided never to hit the road, not those that did and then had to cancel. Good call though!

• Like 2

Face it Maestro, you were called out....... :shutup:

When we were in conversation about VK, and then you all throw in other corps with similar or worse situations, then try to attribute my statement to those circumstances about other corps, then naturally it will look like I was "called out". VK did not take anyone on the road and then decide half way to Indy that they couldn't afford to do tour, thus forcing people to find a way home.

A tour was advertised. The OP pointed out their site says "Thank you for a great 2012".

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that they took care of business, even if it meant having to make the call of cutting the season shorter than expected.

My whole point has been to let it be! Stuff happens...plans change...the economy has gotten worse instead of better! (Heaven forbid anyone attribute anything that's been happening with corps to the economical status of the nation? No no no, so much easier to attack the little people) :hmmm:

VK has quite the sordid past when it comes to stuff like this. With any luck (and diligence from folks like Stu and me) they wont be able to perpetrate this type of fraud again and sell a bill of goods to the unsuspecting youth of Southern California.

How could you sit there and accuse any corps of "perpetrating fraud"?? Not everything is a conspiracy, not everything is so snake-like as you think. If there was some kind of scam or fraud, I'm sure the organization would have been in court long ago, if it was true they have the past you claim to know so well.

You best not speak any more on this matter.

Unfortunately, I'm only replying because you told me not to speak on the matter anymore, and this is a free country. Otherwise, I'm not sure why I'm entertaining the very notion I was campaigning against. If you couldn't read between the lines in one of my last posts....we need to stop assuming and accusing and just move on and enjoy the great groups that are currently out there! Whatever the circumstance was that arose with VK (or any of the other corps that have been dragged into these senseless finger pointing battles), the organizations seem to have taken care of business where the priority was...with their contracted members. If paying members disagree or feel they have been taken advantage of, then that's up to them and their families to seek further action. I seriously doubt that's going to happen...I have yet to see a Drum Corps that is just a front for money laundering or drug trafficking :doh:

Actually, I'll be the first. Good luck to Velvet Knights, Forte, Teal Sound and Racine Scouts. Whether folded, on hiatus, or just reorganizing; whatever the case, may you all bounce back strong and keep entertaining! May the experiences your members have lived through in these hard times be a life experience, and may better times come to us all! May music continue to thrive in your lives and organizations. And most importantly, do not let any set backs (and especially not any criticism) slow you down or keep you from your goals!

Now, back to the Olympics :united:

You seem to know or assume you know quite a bit about VK. We're you a part of their staff this year? music.gif

1343502295[/url]' post='3186613']When we were in conversation about VK, and then you all throw in other corps with similar or worse situations, then try to attribute my statement to those circumstances about other corps, then naturally it will look like I was "called out". VK did not take anyone on the road and then decide half way to Indy that they couldn't afford to do tour, thus forcing people to find a way home.

A tour was advertised. The OP pointed out their site says "Thank you for a great 2012".

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that they took care of business, even if it meant having to make the call of cutting the season shorter than expected.

My whole point has been to let it be! Stuff happens...plans change...the economy has gotten worse instead of better! (Heaven forbid anyone attribute anything that's been happening with corps to the economical status of the nation? No no no, so much easier to attack the little people) :hmmm:

How could you sit there and accuse any corps of "perpetrating fraud"?? Not everything is a conspiracy, not everything is so snake-like as you think. If there was some kind of scam or fraud, I'm sure the organization would have been in court long ago, if it was true they have the past you claim to know so well.

Unfortunately, I'm only replying because you told me not to speak on the matter anymore, and this is a free country. Otherwise, I'm not sure why I'm entertaining the very notion I was campaigning against. If you couldn't read between the lines in one of my last posts....we need to stop assuming and accusing and just move on and enjoy the great groups that are currently out there! Whatever the circumstance was that arose with VK (or any of the other corps that have been dragged into these senseless finger pointing battles), the organizations seem to have taken care of business where the priority was...with their contracted members. If paying members disagree or feel they have been taken advantage of, then that's up to them and their families to seek further action. I seriously doubt that's going to happen...I have yet to see a Drum Corps that is just a front for money laundering or drug trafficking :doh:

Actually, I'll be the first. Good luck to Velvet Knights, Forte, Teal Sound and Racine Scouts. Whether folded, on hiatus, or just reorganizing; whatever the case, may you all bounce back strong and keep entertaining! May the experiences your members have lived through in these hard times be a life experience, and may better times come to us all! May music continue to thrive in your lives and organizations. And most importantly, do not let any set backs (and especially not any criticism) slow you down or keep you from your goals!

Now, back to the Olympics :united:

You seem to know or assume you know quite a bit about VK. We're you a part of their staff this year? music.gif

Nope!

Though that last post of mine doesn't say anything in particular. I'm just playing devil's advocate, and actually trying to have a voice of reason for what seems to be senseless attacks, not just against VK, but as I mentioned, to corps like Forte as well! :fight:

Nope!

Though that last post of mine doesn't say anything in particular. I'm just playing devil's advocate, and actually trying to have a voice of reason for what seems to be senseless attacks, not just against VK, but as I mentioned, to corps like Forte as well! :fight:

Were you "ever" a part of VK staff; and if so, when?

I agree with you!!! but did VK leave out on tour "knowing" like you say, that they did not have the funds? did they stop tour and leave everyone stranded? I don't think they did, did I miss something?

but did VK leave out on tour "knowing" like you say, that they did not have the funds?

Here is a way to put it in perspective:

Let' say that a travel agency from San Fransisco, California placed an advertisement online in July for you to come join them for a fall/winter tour of festivals throughout the United States; you will board a bus in early November and end up at the New Years Eve Bash at Times Square in NY with a trip back home to CA after that bash. You pay that organization 'lots' of money in July, August, September; you also attend many planning seminars put on by that organization. Even in September the company is still pushing this "Tour to Times Square" advertisement online. Late October arrives; 15 people, including you, are getting prepared for the two-month time of your lives and you attend the last seminar; only at that time do they tell you, oops, sorry, we will only be taking you to a fall wine festival somewhere in central CA and a hay-ride festival near Carson, NV; then back home; and by the way, no refunds. (big footnote here: The company "in July" had very little capital assets; and the only way to finance the trip to Times Square, the only way, was to convince at least 50 people to sign up and pay in full or they could not go all the way to Times Square; they knew that in July; and they ended up only having 15 sign up by trip time). Question: If you had been promised that Tour to Times Square every month from July to October, paid in full for that Tour To Times Square, had attended all the seminars, and had placed your whole life from November - December on hold for that Tour to Times Square, then right before you got on the bus they said, oops you just get a hay-ride in Carson City, how would you handle that situation?

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1