DCI care packages for San Antonio and Atlanta

I was all set to do it but was deeply disappointed to see that DCI didn't see fit to include any waffles in any of the care package options. I can understand leaving out the maple syrup... it makes the bus seats even stickier... but no waffles, and they have the temerity to label them care packages? I don't think so.

I was all set to do it but was deeply disappointed to see that DCI didn't see fit to include any waffles in any of the care package options. I can understand leaving out the maple syrup... it makes the bus seats even stickier... but no waffles, and they have the temerity to label them care packages? I don't think so.

Waffles don't travel well, but I can tell you that the water bottle in the large care package is specifically intended to be used for waffle batter, and the DCI picture frame is intended to be used to help glorify and remember said waffles.

Would be better if it were "pick-n-pack". List items that can be included in a package and let the customer choose. Pack #1 can include up to 5 items, Pack #2 may contain up to 8 items.. etc. or a list of items with prices and put as little or as much as you want in the package. With incentives, 5 or more items includes a DCI key chain, 15 or more items includes a DCI tote bag.

Really how many young ladies on tour are too concern with doing their nails?

• Like 1

Would be better if it were "pick-n-pack". List items that can be included in a package and let the customer choose. Pack #1 can include up to 5 items, Pack #2 may contain up to 8 items.. etc. or a list of items with prices and put as little or as much as you want in the package. With incentives, 5 or more items includes a DCI key chain, 15 or more items includes a DCI tote bag.

Really how many young ladies on tour are too concern with doing their nails?

I don't know for sure if it would be better, but this is what it is. Even if it might be improved, it's a great step in the right direction.

• Like 1

Can a Mod delete this post?

I posted what I had to say on the wrong thread...doh!

Edited by Scatfish

I don't know for sure if it would be better, but this is what it is. Even if it might be improved, it's a great step in the right direction.

I agree! This is one of those things that seems so awesome it's hard to believe (kind of) that DCI hasn't done this sooner. This really is a great idea, and it makes it REALLY easy for fans/friends to send stuff to their loved ones on tour.

Also, I think it would be cool for people to do this, designate a corps, and tell management to give the care package to a random member. I remember marching, and I was fortunate to be engaged to an alumni who knew how awesome little care packages or letters are to receive. My day was infinitely brighter when I received something from my finance. My evenings were perfect when someone I wasn't expecting randomly came to a show with cookies, a magazine or two, or other fun things. There were people I marched with who never got stuff like that, and for awhile I would send stuff randomly to my corps after aging-out and told the director to give it to someone in need.

Maybe we should try to do that in this case:

* pick a care package

* pick a corps

* designate the package to go to 'whomever' or something

That way, you'll make someone's day who might need it and/or might not have gotten a package otherwise!