San Antonio Sizzler!

To clarify: no real "wow" moment. No "eyebrows raised". Phantom "jumped" over last weeks' o.1 deficit to Cadets. That's not really a wow. Boston and Madison have been over Cavies...not a real wow there, either. Thought there might have been one wow on the scoresheets. There wasnt. I suppose you can argue the point if you want. The wow's continue to happen on the field, which is cool. For my money, the corps with the biggest chance to jump if they can find the emotional switch is a group of guys wearing Green. A WOW would be them jumping that chasm and into SCV and Bluecoat territory.

That would be awesome. I always root for the Cavies.

Where did you view the Atlanta schedule?

The Atlanta Regional Schedule is Up! All I have to say is ####!

Madison got screwed this time

Crown on Last again this could be really good for them

Crossmen got screwed yet again

Cadets on before Santa Clara could we see another swap here

Since the BD will earn around a 97 on August 11th and they just broke 90, where are these 7 or so points going to come from if there's no more "cleaning" to do?

BD doesn't have to get "cleaner". They'll just ride the points that the judges will keep fronting them. They've obviously figured out how to work the system in their favor. I just wish they'd finish ONE gorgeous phrase for me -- ie. their intro/closing chorale. I just want more of that and less of these "terror" chords, as I call them.

I want my "complete melodic thought" BD back again. :(

• Like 3

I think BK has a top 3 level show, but just aren't performing it at a top 3 level. They never will perform it at that level, but hopefully they can do it better than they are doing it now by finals.

I totally understand what you are talking about with the JABOM/M thing. I always got frustrated by that in high school, because our band rarely just stopped and played. We played a lot while we marched, which was pretty fun.

I can agree with you about BK.

But you don't understand what I mean about JABOM/M. It's about content...not about action. For example...Cadets' show: every piece of guard, hornline and drumline drill supported the music. And, of course, BD's show: nothing supported anything.

on dci.org

Where did you view the Atlanta schedule?

I can agree with you about BK.

But you don't understand what I mean about JABOM/M. It's about content...not about action. For example...Cadets' show: every piece of guard, hornline and drumline drill supported the music. And, of course, BD's show: nothing supported anything.

I guess I didn't totally understand what you meant then. Oops. We'll just have to agree to disagree about BD. I think everything fits together quite nicely.

When does the recaps come out? I am really interested in the percussion caption after Pipitone dumped the whole top 4 last night.

While we're waiting for the recaps, Michael Boo posted the recap highlights on his blog tonight.

In percussion, BD beat SCV by 0.10, Crown 3rd, Cavies 6th, PR 7th, Glassmen 12, Crossmen 14th.

The people saying BD is clean make me chuckle. The show is dirty, and not yet close to clean. They have a lot of work left to do, as does Crown.

I agree with that. There were several things wrong with BD's show.