Hot, Hot, Hotlanta

Lets just put it to bed now.... Boo...ing is good!!!! We should all follow Michael Boo, he's an honest guy!! Hahaha

• Like 1

It may still be too early to say that Crown's chances at the title were lost last night in ATL. I remember quite a few posters writing that Blue Devils had it in the bag after beating Cadets by 0.7 in Atlanta last year just to end up in 2nd at finals.

I think people are mixing up opinions and actual performance, in regards to Crown and BD. I think BD has an amazing show. It's innovative, not as obscure as some of their more recent shows, has great music and drill, and yes, it's HARD. Some of the things their guard do with those hoops. But, it's clean. If you watch the video from last night, it was almost flawless until the ending. Music was great, all their drill was ridiculously clean, and everything else was great. I believe people would like the show more if they actually read what the show was about. I also think people have an automatic hatred towards BD because they win with shows they don't like. Now Crown, on the other hand, is nowhere near as clean as BD. I actually think their show is kind of boring. It's just like theme and variations with power chords on Fanfare for the Common Man. I'm not knocking the corps. Their music and drill is hard, and they play it very well. But it's nowhere near as clean as BD. They've got to make some serious progress if they even want to get close® to beating them. I think the thing that fans don't get is it's not who has the "better show" (which I think BD does), it's about who marches and plays it better that wins. I think Phantom has the best show, but do they play and march as well as BD? No. They don't.

What YOU are failing to see is that if Crown was able to do the show using "the formula the majority of drum corps fans want to see do well" CLEANLY (especially in visual, drums, and to an extent, guard) they would be winning, and (allegedly) there would be no booing. They are not. I REALLY love Crown's show, and the individual and ensemble demand may be the highest ever attempted, but they are not clean. Watch the show again. In the crown set at the very end, the left side of the form was not connected. That's the last set of the show, and it didn't hit.

Now, I think that we may be seeing another situation like 2008, 2000, or 1988... Blue Devils going undefeated, only to lose in Finals week. Can this happen again? Sure. Will it? Depends on Crown cleaning and BD leaving the door open. Two weeks left...

Notice the crown is completely symmetrical. And the gap your referring to is where a cube would be had they not had a hole that night.

Crown is not all that dirty at all. And with two weeks left. This thing will be lights out in the end.

Notice the crown is completely symmetrical. And the gap your referring to is where a cube would be had they not had a hole that night.

Crown is not all that dirty at all. And with two weeks left. This thing will be lights out in the end.

I think the majproty of dirt is from contras and spacing. But its not their fault they have this huge instrument blocking their peripheral. There has been a set where they move straight across the field from side two to side one thats been exposed spacing everytime i watch.

Cadets were great!

That they were... they really threw down last night.