Hot, Hot, Hotlanta

Oh... and about those having trouble with the live feed. If you were in the NE or another unfortunate region, your DVR of Atlanta is going to suck because of issues during the actual broadcast which were of no fault of DCI, and probably of no fault of yours also. It is happening somewhere in between. Sometimes stuff gets lost, specially when there is a lot of traffic.

But I have been told that the VOD will be in "perfect" condition. Meaning it won't be a ##### and skip, and just stop playing whenever it feels like. #### feed. Yeah... BOOOOOOOOOO!

You are correct. I forgot to mention I was clairvoyant.

Comme une hyperbole vive,

Le soleil plonge dans la fraîcheur d'Avril,

Et frappé sa folie pétillante

Contre l'abattement barnlike

De cet asile sombre folie rouge.

Un bruit doucement serrant

Nous sommes tombés des fenêtres ouvertes.

Maintenant, puis oblique bobinage cris

Rose, comme si des hommes

Pour que la mort avait pris

Un visage indiciblement genre.

Un homme se tenait debout à une fenêtre,

Son visage émacié tremble sous

Une insouciance fiévreuse.

Une longue plume blanche inclinée en arrière

Sur son chapeau presque informe,

Comme une évasion innocente.

Vivement incessante, sa voix

Méthodiquement fouetté l'air Avril:

Une voix qui a tenu les os se heurter

Du bonheur et de crainte;

Une voix dans laquelle l'émotion

Fortement se ridiculiser;

Une voix monstrueusement vigoureuse

Moqueur déchirer une vie

Avec une question sans réponse.

Creusées par son hurlement,

Je me suis tourné et j'ai vu un garde d'asile.

Son visage pétulance molle

Roulé en copeaux Deathlike des yeux.

Il portait la confiance sans but

D'un contentement de jouer avec des ailes d'autres hommes.

Il s'éloigna, l'homme au-dessus encore crié.

Je ne pouvais pas les séparer.

worthy.gifworthy.gif

Jersey Surf is getting a better crowd reaction than a handful of corps in the top 12. And a very large handful of corps currently placed above them. They should be rewarded for that, IMO. Leave judging how clean it is to the performance captions. Yes the actual performance can only help effect numbers. And yes some of the blaring brass players might detract from the effect score, but you also cannot base effect largely on how clean a show is. 2003 Phantom Regiment was not the cleanest show. But oh my was that show effective. I wasn't in the stands, but judging by the DVDs i'd say they had the best crowd reaction all night. Or further back in time, a show like SCV 92.... they didn't fare too well that year in placements, but don't tell me people didn't go ape #### for that show.

I think the judges shy away from letting themselves score as a fan would too much. These judges are probably some of DCIs biggest fans. Hell the GE music judge on the 06 DVD has some awesome comments and you can tell he was really enjoying himself. Especially during Phantom's show... I think something along the lines of "I think I need a cigarette!" And to that tape, it seemed like Phantom had much more effect on him then Cavies did. Except he mentioned one part where there wasn't as much clarity in the ensemble or something(shouldn't that be the music ensemble judges job?). During Cavies tape, it was basically a really clean run, and he couldn't pick out anything negative. You could tell he really enjoyed the show, but not as much as Phantom. Cavies got the higher score.e

Yes I know the judges can't score based just on the emotions, and how the show effected them personally... but sure as hell that should be some part of the reasoning behind their score.

All that said. Judges are taking a lot more risks this year it seems, especially early season. But as things shape up I'm starting to see some signs of "slotting" or corps just getting all their captions stuck around a placement range. Except for the top 8 or so in percussion. Those judges really don't give a #### what place the corps is going to finish, or what another judge thought the night before. Granted all the percussion sections are quite close, and there are a couple who are noticeably not achieving at the same level as some corps around them placement wise.

Wow, didn't mean to get into all that. But all my mind has been thinking about is moving out and into apartments for the past 3 days. It's nice to think about something else, lol.

crowd reaction is great but many if not most of the times does not say its the better corps. Crowd reaction can also be very different night to night and also have nothing to do with the corps or how good or bad they were....there were certain corps last year that many thought were tearing it up and i was on tour with one of these corps ( not with them , same tour ) and would say who the heck were they listening too and I dont remember seeing everyone on their feet either.....how people in general may feel about any corps is as sujective as anthing else...maybe moreso because as spectators we arent bound by any criteria. even though our judging system has flaws, doing it or granting points literally with no criteria would be a diaster...There are still many who feel alot of PR support was ...anyone but BD..Im not saying they didnt deserve the tite, before the extremeists run with that statement BUT it is a statement I ran across almost at every show that year.

I give surf a ton of support for what they do and It was a smart move to get noticed and thats what corps on that end need to do. Am I in love with the show other than it was smart to do FOR THEM? manybe not so much for many reasons I wont get into here, BUT I appreciate your thought on this and actually made me think a bit........thanks for that