Hot, Hot, Hotlanta

Yep! Really low class people!!! thumbdown.gif

I never heard a single boo at a DC show until about 10 years ago.

We were booed at two midwest shows in 1988...1988, the year many here mention when they say "I wish the Blue Devils would play something like..."

• Like 2

I was only talking about the guard...BD was hella dirty tonight and IMO they have been dirty all season. I dont understand why they are not 3rd or 4th

My mistake, and I agree that BD's guard has not been up to standard this year. Guess the judges like the hula hoops.

• Like 2

I wasn't booing them just a few years ago when they were winning and doing shows I liked. In fact I didn't hear anyone else booing their wins those years either....curious....

In all seriousness, they first started getting booed in the midwest and East in about 1980.

The members of BD are probably on a "high" right now, so I'm sure the booing is having little effect on their state of mind. :devil::rolleyes:

I can report that it has NO effect on them at all! Sadly, since 2008, it's been a way of life! As a matter of fact...some day (in galaxy far, far away) when drum corps fans again find grace and appreciation for the quality and hard work of this extraordinary group of designers and MM's....the MM's will look at each other and say...."What's this cheering stuff ....it's kinda cool."

Edited by Plan9

No, they boo because the corps they want to win didn't. HUGE difference.

obligatory now YOU can read the audience's mind too :-/

the audience disagreed with the judges. that's about all you can say.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

No, they boo because the corps they want to win didn't. HUGE difference.

There is no difference at all. They think they are better than BD, so they act like spoiled babies.

• Like 3

Have patience...10th and 11th will be changing soon.

Not going to happen. 10th is more likely to switch with 9th than 11th to switch with 10th.

• Like 2

obligatory now YOU can read the audience's mind too :-/

Well, it's not that hard to figure out something like that. Plus, at least on the feed, both Crown and Devils got mad applause when their scores were announced.

Booing is pretty classless, no matter what reason. I know I'd never do it.

• Like 1

News flash...CHILL. I mean come on people, 16,000 plus people broke an attendance record. Can we just all agree for once? Sure, some scores might not be what one expected, but come on...let's get it together. People will boo, people will cheer, and this activity will still march forward. (No pun intended)

• Like 3