Hot, Hot, Hotlanta

Only time I joined the boo birds in the crowd was at finals up in Madison in '99, but that was strictly after watching SCV throw down the performance of the century and then see BD have a rather flat performance and being ###### at the judges not having the balls to make the right call.

• Like 3

Blue Devils... has no section weakness that might bring them down.

And there's the only thing that matters. It's all about the balance and consistency across captions.

I still don't find this season's lineup of shows that inspirational, but it's nice to see how everyone's programs are growing through the course of the run. I don't suspect Cadets will be able to hang on to the third spot, and the 7th/8th battle between BAC and Cavaliers should continue through Finals week, but aside from those two stories, I think this year's trajectories are more or less set.

Standing in retreat that year I thought the crowd was reacting because they did not want another #### tie

Booing is necessary sometimes.

[/quote

What??? :blink:

One may not agree with it, but who should think that he or she should be able to control the reactions of others? Freedom of speech doesn't have to be liked, but it serves a purpose.

There is no "freedom of speech" to boo kids! :thumbdown:

• Like 1

The booing turned into a massive SCV chant if I recall correctly

• Like 1

If crowds were booing after the corps performed, that would be classless. As far as I've ever seen, very few have ever booed a corps' actual performance.

If crowds are booing after the judges' scores are announced, that's a perfectly acceptable reaction. You don't always have to agree with the judges (and many of us don't b/c the activity has changed so much into pleasing the judges and writing for the sheets rather than pleasing the audience and writing for the fans), and if you don't agree, you have a right to express your opinion.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner.

Especially when the paying audience pays up to $125 per ticket. DCI is a business. They are booing the judges, not the kids. When is the last time you saw people booing after a performance?

People, get a grip!!

• Like 2

Time to stop trying to justify classless behavior. You can't disagree with the judges without also believing that BD was not as good as your favorite corps was. That is a comment on the performance of the kids, and it is classless. Nothing will change, but I will never accept booing in drum corps.

I didn't see me justifying anything. What I did see was you call PAYING DRUM CORPS SUPPORTERS "spoiled babies". I didn't make any commentary on achievement or placement, I'm just calling you out for being an arse.

It's as simple as this: Crown has the formula the majority of drum corps fans want to see do well, while BD is monopolizing a style that most cannot connect with or make sense of. Now, if you're not going to accept that SOME PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET will disagree with your viewpoint, maybe the USA isn't for you.

• Like 1