Hot, Hot, Hotlanta

Not going to happen. 10th is more likely to switch with 9th than 11th to switch with 10th.

Hmmm...

I have to disagree, though anything can happen, I suppose.

From S.A. to Atlanta, the separation between Spirit and Cavies remained the same: 1.05

From S.A to Atlanta, the separation between BK and Spirit tightened: From 1.8 to .7

As I said, anything can happen, but based on these two head-to-head shows, things are in favor of BK.

• Like 1

The birds are going to crash land in Vegas soon.

THIS :rolleyes:

I didn't see me justifying anything. What I did see was you call PAYING DRUM CORPS SUPPORTERS "spoiled babies". I didn't make any commentary on achievement or placement, I'm just calling you out for being an arse.

It's as simple as this: Crown has the formula the majority of drum corps fans want to see do well, while BD is monopolizing a style that most cannot connect with or make sense of. Now, if you're not going to accept that SOME PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET will disagree with your viewpoint, maybe the USA isn't for you.

I didn't say anything like that. I said people that boo are spoiled babies. They are. Contrary to the belief of so many on this site, scores are not based on audience preference ... they are based on skill, and when you boo the judges you are saying Crown is more skilled than BD. There is no way around that. You might take that lightly, but I don't.

Edited by jasgre2000
  • Like 2

Time to stop trying to justify classless behavior. You can't disagree with the judges without also believing that BD was not as good as your favorite corps was. That is a comment on the performance of the kids, and it is classless.

Believing that BD was not as good as another corps is classless?

• Like 2

Well, it's not that hard to figure out something like that. Plus, at least on the feed, both Crown and Devils got mad applause when their scores were announced.

Yeah it IS hard to figure out. IMO either of you could be right. Could be the audience genuinely thought Crown was better -- could be the audience is full of fans who want Crown to win regardless of the merits. Or it could be the audience didn't really like BD. Lot's of possible combinations.

Booing at drum corps show is silly. Fans should not do it.

OTOH audiences everywhere boo when they disagree with the announced results.

And the more they disagree the louder they boo. So the booing is not something that's unique to drum corps or BD for that matter. Heck Madison scores were regularly boo'd in the 90's because apparently they were *always* too low.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

And there's the only thing that matters. It's all about the balance and consistency across captions.

I still don't find this season's lineup of shows that inspirational, but it's nice to see how everyone's programs are growing through the course of the run. I don't suspect Cadets will be able to hang on to the third spot, and the 7th/8th battle between BAC and Cavaliers should continue through Finals week, but aside from those two stories, I think this year's trajectories are more or less set.

These would be pretty much my observations as well. I wish we had more than 2 Corps with a shot of winning this year. Some years we have 3, some as many as 4. Its basically down to BD and Crown, and has been pretty much since the beginning this season.

Edited by BRASSO

Believing that BD was not as good as another corps is classless?

Expressing it by booing is.

• Like 3

Meh... I haven't loudly booed at a drum corps show. I've booed the judges, with a simple "Boo" to my friends around me... at a sporting event... I'll boo, I'll heckle... ya better watch out.

I can asure you NO ONE was booing the kids on the field. I think we all know that. It is well known that many do not like BDs shows. And Many also do not like how BDs shows are rewarded. I personally think they deserved the win tonight. Crown still has work to do though...

If people want to boo because they don't like placements or scores, let them boo. It's not really a big deal to me.

I know the MM at BD don't give a ####. THey probably feed off of it, haha. But as a FMM, all you really care about is the job you are out there to do. Performing your show to the point of perfection. BD does that from member to member from show to show, from year to year, than anyone else. They just aren't as entertaining while doing that. And that upsets people. So be it. Ya can't please everyone. And I've given up on wishing for BD to perform shows with more fan appeal. Personally this is my favorite show from them since 2007... but it's still not a favorite. I wouldn't have booed the judges... but I'm not your everyday drum corps fan. None of us are. A lot of those people in the crowd this is the only show they see all year. And for some, who they enjoyed the most, so therefore thought was the best in their minds, didn't win. I prefer to watch the rest of the top 13 myself over BD. But I know they should be where they are placing. But you cannot expect the casual fan to understand why BD is winning. If you don't lke the boos... okay. I personally just say whateva

• Like 2

If crowds were booing after the corps performed, that would be classless. As far as I've ever seen, very few have ever booed a corps' actual performance.

If crowds are booing after the judges' scores are announced, that's a perfectly acceptable reaction. You don't always have to agree with the judges (and many of us don't b/c the activity has changed so much into pleasing the judges and writing for the sheets rather than pleasing the audience and writing for the fans), and if you don't agree, you have a right to express your opinion.

Absolutely correct.