Hot, Hot, Hotlanta

So how about that DCI show in Atlanta......pretty awesome? :tongue:

My internet bit the dust right at the first INT and I finally got it back at the end of the second INT. I missed the first couple corps in the third round because I HAD to see BK's show. I'll see the ones I missed tomorrow morning.

But, yeah...these were some great performances. I'd be surprised if any corps dropped in score. They are all getting more and more awesome!

Really looking forward to this week, and some LIVE drum corps. Going to 5 shows and 7 practices in 7 days! Don't plan on booing anything except for heavy traffic and bad weather!

BD MON WV SHOW

PR TUES

SCV WED WEST CHESTER

CC THUR

BD FRI EAST

???SAT EAST

???SUN TOC

That's some serious driving, man. Good for you. I'm skipping West Chester this year, but will be at both Allentown shows.

So, did you boo? :rolleyes:

+++

And, building on your screen name and getting back to the topic, did you notice all the kick halts at the end of Phantom's show (I think there were 3, might have been 2)

Actually I did!

That must have been at a local show perhaps... as at DCI Finals in '84 in Atlanta and in '88 in Kansas City, Suncoast Sound was neither booed during their performance, nor at the end of their performance. We know this, as we have verification via Fan Network DCI Video Performance archives of TOP 12 these years. So maybe a few fews did not like them at some shows these years... but we know it wasn't at Finals these years anyway.

I had heard years ago that they were booed at some shows by veterans because of the anti-war message in their '84 show - I'm not sure if that was correct though.

So, did you boo? :rolleyes:

+++

And, building on your screen name and getting back to the topic, did you notice all the kick halts at the end of Phantom's show (I think there were 3, might have been 2)

I was quite happy. I think I might have missed one thanks to the skippy skips my feed was doing all night.

I seriously LOVE kick halts.

Cool Link - thx

np. I though it was cool too. Spent a little time on the site when my feed crapped out for about 10 minutes or so.

Thanks drumcat

Cavalier's guard score stunk up the place. I wonder if the guard judge counted the last bit of dancing in the corps proper as part of the guard score?

I haven't seen them score that low EVER in guard.

Much improved show Cavaliers, keep refining and you could go up a place or two... thumbup.gif

Cavaliers strong percussion section ( 5th place tonite ) is keeping them still close to the Boston Crusaders.

Great show top to bottom!

Glad the northeast interwebs cleared up for the last 8!

I believe there is a "new"? (and better) spot for the "Vanguard Yell". Just after the front forms before they come forward in MOTN, anybody else notice this?

Really looking forward to this week, and some LIVE drum corps. Going to 5 shows and 7 practices in 7 days! Don't plan on booing anything except for heavy traffic and bad weather!

BD MON WV SHOW

PR TUES

SCV WED WEST CHESTER

CC THUR

BD FRI EAST

???SAT EAST

???SUN TOC

I know you, you're just like a little kid. You won't get any sleep tonight, so you might as well get moving tonight!

Time to get on the road, my friend! :thumbup: