OMG Oregon Crusaders!

Sorry, but this is a little silly ... the context of the post, to me, was that an open class corps was competitive with and more entertaining than many world class corps - hence the relevance on the world class forum. Moderating for appropriateness and tone is one thing, but this wasn't really out of place unless you're waaaay pedantic ...

• Like 1

Pedantic is my middle name. :)

When the time comes that OC declares world class, we will happily allow posts regarding them in the world class forum. For now, they remain open class, so this is the forum for them.

Edited by Geoff
  • Like 2

Pedantic is my middle name. :)

When the time comes that OC declares world class, we will happily allow posts regarding them in the world class forum. For now, they remain open class, so this is the forum for them.

Geoff: This is your (as in the mods) house and your toys. So, for what it is worth, I am with ya on how you want us to play in your house!

What seems silly is that 60% of the posts on this forum are an argument over why a topic about an Open Class Corps was moved from one forum to another. :blink:

The reasons being what they may, it seems that what with people saying there aren't enough hot topics in the Open Class forum, this topic would be a great example to get people talking about those great performances from the Open Class.

I personally have not seen the Crusaders, but if they are performing at a high level of achievement, then my hats off to them. Hopefully this particular thread can refocus on that great news!! Yay....drum corps!!! :lookaround:

• Like 2

Oregon Crusaders really looked sharp out there on the field! I really like what they're presenting this year, can't wait to see them compete against BDB and SCVC and everyone else. I think this could the year for the DCI trophy to go home to the Pacific Northwest. Anyone know when they'll all go head to head? Looks like Open Class could be even more of an exciting race this year than World Class.

It will be very interesting to see how high these top Open Class corps can go when they compete in Prelims and Semis in August (yes I think they'll make Semis solidly)

• Like 2

moving the topic to the B section was a drag. conversation in the World section outnumbers it in the Open section by 24:1. Regardless, it's still drum corps and, with 64 horns and a killer show, i'd say OC is a "special circumstance"...that earned a little drum corps cred on Saturday.

Why does dcp have to play the same game as dci? The little caste system game.....The moderator decided who gets to talk about what and where? ...and shuffled the conversation to the smaller audience. OC must be doing something right and a little buzz in the "big" conversation didnt seem like too much to ask.

pe·dan·tic

   [puh-dan-tik] Show IPA

adjective

ostentatious in one's learning.

overly concerned with minute details or formalisms, especially in teaching.

Edited by wishbonecav
  • Like 1

Dont want to sour grape it too much, here :)

Edited by wishbonecav