OMG Oregon Crusaders!

If they had competed against the WC corps on the WC sheets (like the all-in Prelims in Indy) I would agree with you. However, Oregon did not compete in a World Class Regional; they competed earlier in the day in an Open Class contest held at the same venue as the World Class Regional. Their overall score cannot be compared to the WC; and their sub-caption scores cannot be compared to the WC. This is not semantics but the truth.

Fair enough. If that's the standard, let's make sure it's applied consistently. I don't think it has been in any way, shape, or form.

Has anyone heard why the guard was late to the field on Saturday? Did a member suddenly fall ill and need attention? Did San Antonio show staff send them down the wrong hallway, or absentmindedly lock a door before the guard arrived? Or did OC's guard staff simply lose track of time?

Fair enough. If that's the standard, let's make sure it's applied consistently. I don't think it has been in any way, shape, or form.

You know, this is sort of funny. I can remember asking my mom to be consistent; and her response (after I received the stick to my behind side) was this is my house, I make the rules, I can therefore break the rules; so just deal with it. Well, this is the mods house!

• Like 1

Has anyone heard why the guard was late to the field on Saturday? Did a member suddenly fall ill and need attention? Did San Antonio show staff send them down the wrong hallway, or absentmindedly lock a door before the guard arrived? Or did OC's guard staff simply lose track of time?

Maybe they were still on West Coast time! Or better yet, maybe they were using the West Coast perception of time being sort of a relative idea!

I think it's really unfortunate that more time has been spent arguing over where the Oregon Crusaders discussion belongs than on how great their show is. And all this hard line talk from the mod about them being open class, period, blah blah blah. Last year, they did make semis in Indy and placed 17th in brass. That aint too shabby. The only reason they didn't beat any world class corps in San Antonio was because they were scored differently. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that had they been scored the same as the WC corps were, they'd have beaten some of them.

From what I've been able to gather, the color guard was late because they were held up at a gate by officials. All a big misunderstanding.

Slight correction to earlier post: last year Oregon Crusaders took 18th in brass and beat three world class corps.

From what I've been able to gather, the color guard was late because they were held up at a gate by officials. All a big misunderstanding.

If true, there should have been no penalty. A delay caused by officials is beyond the control of the affected Corps.

Penalties are for violation of the rules by the Corps, not for errors by show officials.

I think it's really unfortunate that more time has been spent arguing over where the Oregon Crusaders discussion belongs than on how great their show is. And all this hard line talk from the mod about them being open class, period, blah blah blah. Last year, they did make semis in Indy and placed 17th in brass. That aint too shabby. The only reason they didn't beat any world class corps in San Antonio was because they were scored differently. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that had they been scored the same as the WC corps were, they'd have beaten some of them.

Luv4corps: I agree... (about last season's Oregon appearance at the all-in Prelims at Indy). And I agree... (the Oregon quality has been, and is, very high and enjoyable). However, this thread is directed toward their recent performance at San Antonio not last season's all-in Prelims performance at Indy; and the Mods believe that the discussion of, "... had they been scored the same as the WC corps" at San Antonio this year is a conjecture topic for the OC section. So, without any should-a, would-a, could-a justification, explanation, spin, or opinion please answer these four simple yes/no questions:

1) Is Oregon a WC corps?

2) In San Antonio this year, did Oregon compete against any WC corps?

3) Were the comments about the Oregon performance by the OP directed at their 2011 Indy performance in the WC all-in Prelims?

4) Will Oregon compete against any WC corps this year until the Aug 9, 2012 all-in Prelims at the WC Championships?

Edited by Stu