OMG Oregon Crusaders!

Personally, I think regionals should be open to all corps to compete on the same sheets. This would give the OC corps a chance to see where they stand on the WC sheets prior to quaterfinals.

Since the OC could use some sort of WC sheet read prior to the all-in prelims at Indy, I would be in favor of this idea.

Edited by Stu

None of this matters. If you added all of the Open Class posts to the World Class forum it would only increase traffic by like 5%. Ghettoizing all the posts about Open Class corps here only ensures that nobody will see them or read them. It's bad for the activity.

All of it matters; and not one person is forbidden from perusing through the OC section of DCP; it is a free world in which not many chose to support the OC. If it is bad for the activity then convince those who post in the WC section, as well as support just the WC corps, to come support the OC in the OC section and at the OC shows.

I personally believe that having two a different competing class doesn’t make much sense anymore.

Really? So Blue Saints and Spirit of Newark need to compete directly against the Blue Devils and Spirit of Atlanta?

Ghettoizing all the posts about Open Class corps here only ensures that nobody will see them or read them. It's bad for the activity.

What do you think, Geoff? Maybe its time to make a change at DCP.

Nope; maybe it is time for all elite fans who just support the WC to also support the OC!

• Like 2

They had the 5th biggest crowd reaction in San Antonio from where I was sitting. They were incredible!

Which probably translates to the biggest crowd reaction relative to the number of people in the stands at the time. Crowd gets bigger when the "big corps" start.

I think some of you are missing the point. This topic was specifically about the Oregon Crusaders, NOT Open Class. It was originally posted in the WC forum. Have you seen the Crusaders show this year? If not, ask yourself are you really in a position to say that the topic about their show should automatically be moved.

This was not about the OC corps, just 1 corps. The poster was pointing out to the WC folks who missed the corps to check them out. How do you tell a group to check something out if you move the topic to another section of the forum?

Another way of looking at it is this. Back in 2002 when Magic was in OC and doing very well, would you have made it to a show to watch them with the OC? Most likely not. Be honest. Most of us would do the same thing that most WC fans do. Skip the OC altogether until the bigger corps come on. They hang out in the lot waiting while the smaller OC corps go on. Tell me that isnt true. LOL

Anyway, Magic made the top 12 that year. So, if someone would have suggested for you to check out Magic, would you have done it???? Maybe maybe not. The question I ask is are the Oregon Crusaders in 2012 worth watching? Its up to you to decide, but if you do not know about it you will not go. This is the problem with the OC forum. Barely any WC forum fans go to this section. Its a fact. So, why not toot the horn of an OC corp in the WC forum if you feel they are worth it.

The WC forum will let you know if your full of it or not. For sure they will. They argue about everything. LOL

I think some of you are missing the point. This topic was specifically about the Oregon Crusaders, NOT Open Class. It was originally posted in the WC forum. Have you seen the Crusaders show this year? If not, ask yourself are you really in a position to say that the topic about their show should automatically be moved.

This was not about the OC corps, just 1 corps. The poster was pointing out to the WC folks who missed the corps to check them out. How do you tell a group to check something out if you move the topic to another section of the forum?

Another way of looking at it is this. Back in 2002 when Magic was in OC and doing very well, would you have made it to a show to watch them with the OC? Most likely not. Be honest. Most of us would do the same thing that most WC fans do. Skip the OC altogether until the bigger corps come on. They hang out in the lot waiting while the smaller OC corps go on. Tell me that isnt true. LOL

Anyway, Magic made the top 12 that year. So, if someone would have suggested for you to check out Magic, would you have done it???? Maybe maybe not. The question I ask is are the Oregon Crusaders in 2012 worth watching? Its up to you to decide, but if you do not know about it you will not go. This is the problem with the OC forum. Barely any WC forum fans go to this section. Its a fact. So, why not toot the horn of an OC corp in the WC forum if you feel they are worth it.

The WC forum will let you know if your full of it or not. For sure they will. They argue about everything. LOL

a) Not missing the point: This topic was specifically about the Oregon Crusaders (which, by the way, actually is an Open Class Corps).

b) Whether or not anyone has seen Oregon this year is irrelevant; watching them does not change the corps classification.

c) Magic, in 2002, was a Division II corps that did not compete against any Division I corps at all until Division I Finals; and they finished in the top 12 (11th) still classified as a Division II corps. This was a product of a DCI rule at that time for them to reenter DCI after taking 2001 season off. So, if DCP had Division I, II, III sections back in 2002 Magic would have been discussed in the Division II threads not the Division I threads just like Oregon (an OC corps) would be discussed in the current OC threads not the WC threads.

Any more logic you want to completely disregard?

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

asdfghnjmk

Edited by Mouth_of_BDB
  • Like 1