OMG Oregon Crusaders!

Really? So Blue Saints and Spirit of Newark need to compete directly against the Blue Devils and Spirit of Atlanta?

If they're good enough to advance out of OC and onward to Prelims .... YES!

If they're good enough to advance out of OC and onward to Prelims .... YES!

But..... that was not what I was replying to and that was not the contention of the poster (Randy Lamon) here is what he posted: "I personally believe that having two a different competing class doesn’t make much sense anymore."

I didn't say putting Open Class posts in the Open Class forum isn't logical. I'm saying it's bad and shouldn't be done.

Read the logic of what you just typed; connect the two sentences. You are saying that putting posts about Open Class corps in the Open Class forum is bad and should not be done. So, using "that" logic, putting posts about the World Class in the World Class forum is also a bad idea; or putting posts about DCA in the DCA all-age forum is a bad idea; or putting posts about the selling of equipment in the DCP Marketplace forum is a bad idea; ...

I’ve hardly been on DCP the past few years, but I had to chime in here.

Can we please, PRETTY PLEASE stop talking about where this post should be. Let’s focus on the original topic, which is how absolutely wonderful the Oregon Crusaders are this year. I know that I may be biased, but I know a good drum corps show when I see one. Predicted placements in World Class Prelims? Anyone? I believe their brass will finish in the top 15, and the corps should finish between 16-18.

• Like 2

a) Not missing the point: This topic was specifically about the Oregon Crusaders (which, by the way, actually is an Open Class Corps).

b) Whether or not anyone has seen Oregon this year is irrelevant; watching them does not change the corps classification.

c) Magic, in 2002, was a Division II corps that did not compete against any Division I corps at all until Division I Finals; and they finished in the top 12 (11th) still classified as a Division II corps. This was a product of a DCI rule at that time for them to reenter DCI after taking 2001 season off. So, if DCP had Division I, II, III sections back in 2002 Magic would have been discussed in the Division II threads not the Division I threads just like Oregon (an OC corps) would be discussed in the current OC threads not the WC threads.

Any more logic you want to completely disregard?

And show reviews should be in the show review section. But, I dont see them moving those. Do you?????

Read the logic of what you just typed; connect the two sentences. You are saying that putting posts about Open Class corps in the Open Class forum is bad and should not be done. So, using "that" logic, putting posts about the World Class in the World Class forum is also a bad idea; or putting posts about DCA in the DCA all-age forum is a bad idea; or putting posts about the selling of equipment in the DCP Marketplace forum is a bad idea; ...

Good lord. I'm having a really, really hard time holding myself back from chewing you out right now. You'd deserve it too; you were condescending AND hideously, deliberately misconstrued what I posted. For you to use the word 'logic' to defend that argument is a crime against logic, nay, all rational thought.

My point is that the traffic on the Open Class forum is only 4% of the World Class forum. This topic, an argument between a few people that hasn't lasted very long, is the most replied-to post of the entire year. Allowing all general DCI topics in one forum would have virtually no effect on the World Class discussions, and would vastly increase exposure to Open Class topics. The fact is that the World Class forum on this message board is the largest and most central (by far) public soundboard for the entire drum corps activity. And let's not pretend that forum is limited to World Class topics. It's where all people come to discuss all things drum corps. With that power comes responsibility, and moving every Open Class post out of that forum hurts the O.C. corps and helps no one. We're at a point in the activity where there are only 16 O.C. corps going to championships, there are less W.C. corps too, they perform at the same shows, they go head-to-head at championships... and there are already more people discussing O.C. corps within 'acceptable' threads on that forum than there are people discussing O.C. corps in this one.

• Like 1

You know what is ridiculous? This argument.

You know what else is ridiculous? The fact there is another thread about the Oregon Crusaders currently in the WC threads. Chuckle chuckle.

You know what isn't ridiculous? THE OREGON CRUSADERS!!!!

No matter where you mods want to put topics about this spectacular corps, the fact remains that this is a very special year for a corps that has definitely put in work in all the right places over the past few years. I'm so proud to be a part of this organization and am loving all of the reviews the team is getting this year. Is it THE year for OC? Who knows. But man, I'm certainly enjoying the ride.

GO OREGON CRUSADERS!!!!

**now back to your regularly scheduled argument on dcp**

(edited due to leaving a word out. oops :))

Edited by Madrid
  • Like 1

You know what else is ridiculous? The fact there is another thread about the Oregon Crusaders currently in the WC threads. Chuckle chuckle.

You what isn't ridiculous? THE OREGON CRUSADERS!!!!

No matter where you mods want to put topics about this spectacular corps, the fact remains that this is a very special year for a corps that has definitely put in work in all the right places over the past few years. I'm so proud to be a part of this organization and am loving all of the reviews the team is getting this year. Is it THE year for OC? Who knows. But man, I'm certainly enjoying the ride.

GO OREGON CRUSADERS!!!!

So are we! I can't wait to see how the season ends for them. They are so much fun to watch!

• Like 1

In case you didnt see it.....Fan Network....San Antonio....minutes 44 - 60.....jumped off my chair.

Biggest and most refreshing surprise in a long time. :)

You know what isn't ridiculous? THE OREGON CRUSADERS!!!!

GO OREGON CRUSADERS!!!!

(edited due to leaving a word out. oops :))

Like I said .. if you think creatively .. you can get a topic in WC about an OC corps. It's all in how it's presented and the verbage used.