OMG Oregon Crusaders!

I haven't had so much fun watching and listening to a drum corps show in a long time!

Wow. Wow. Wow.

this topic was moved to the appropriate forum based on the original post. it has spent far too much time discussing the moderating and not on what appears to be an awesome show.

Giving it one last chance to get back on topic.

thanks!

My point is that the traffic on the Open Class forum is only 4% of the World Class forum.

This is why it makes sense for there to be an Open class forum. What would happen to the relatively few Open class topics if they were mixed in with all of the WC topics in one place...they'd quickly disappear to the back pages of the forum. Keeping them separate ensures that Open class threads are readily visible for those who want to view them.

As of this posting this thread has 8 pages, 74 posts, and 3,069 views; (far more than many threads in the OC section)! Why? Because of the injection of bickering, arguing, spewing, etc... which, by the way, is what goes on in 'most' WC threads and why WC threads tend to get so large. I write this to prove a point: that we could create interest in the OC section, just like the WC section, if we desired; and that point was proven to be correct. Thanks for playing. (and I am now ready for the red negs, but you all know I am correct).

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

Here's my review of Oregon after seeing them in San Antonio:

HOLY CRAP.

But in all seriousness. Wow, they're performing at such a high level, but what's special about this show is the design. They have such a high range of emotions, musical selections, and themes in this show! The way they blend together is amazing! Not choppy at all IMO. It's not just a color show IMO, the placement of "Sleep" at the beginning, and all the themes at the end including a "Firebird" quote was very clever! Sleeping and waking up. The coolest thing about this show, the acoustic singer and guitar player! They were mic'd, but weren't just a patch on a synth! They showcased a wide amount of talent. The depth of this show design and the HUGE amounts of elements make this show a jewel that's like one of those movies you loved the first time, but can watch over and over and find something new every time! I think this is one of the best Open class designs up there with Academy 2006, Magic 02, ect. They got a huge standing ovation in San Antonio from where I was! Greatly deserved IMO.

And as far as the guard being late, they probably had a bus problem or mis-communication, who cares? It happens!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 3

Did you notiice the change in marching styles during the show including "high step" and "straight leg" . What makes this show so interesting and complex are all the underlying drum corps references musically and visually while still being so entertaining at the surface level for those that will never pick up on those subtle references.

Edited by Scadesfan
  • Like 1

It will be interesting to see who comes out on top, this Saturday at Paw Paw, MI. It will be the first time the Mighty Oregon Crusaders and the Mighty Blue Devil B are at the same show this season. Having watched both shows on the Fan Network, I'm betting on OC, but let's see what the judges decide.

• Like 1

I love this show!!!!

Btw, Academy 06 is probally the most overated shows in Open Class history IMO. Brass was smoking, I will admit. If it wasnt for the brass section ECJ would have most likely repeated. (And its not me being bias, just keeping it real)

So yea, Oregon Crusaders, have been setting the standard since 2004. Staff and members are extreme class acts. So much respect for this organization and what they offer young people.

I think some of you are missing the point. This topic was specifically about the Oregon Crusaders, NOT Open Class. It was originally posted in the WC forum. Have you seen the Crusaders show this year? If not, ask yourself are you really in a position to say that the topic about their show should automatically be moved.

This was not about the OC corps, just 1 corps. The poster was pointing out to the WC folks who missed the corps to check them out. How do you tell a group to check something out if you move the topic to another section of the forum?

If I could "like" a comment, as on facebook, I would "like" this one! Well said!