Corps Apparel/Accessory Traditions

Oh no....plume action goes back decades.

Interesting. I always assumed it was something pretty recent since a lot of people have been (seemingly) recently calling it pretentious. Looks like that's more of a result of people's biases on BD's recent direction than the action itself.

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

Didn't see if this had been posted already, but starting back in '09 the Troopers members started receiving a "Challenge Coin" in addition to their scarf rings and sabres. You just have one coin, and according to military tradition if you're out eating/drinking with your buddies, someone can issue a challenge by throwing down the coin with their unit insignia on it. Everyone else has to throw down their coin as well. If someone fails to produce their coin, they owe everyone else a round. If everyone does have their coin, the person who challenged owes the round.

Here's mine:

84r7H85.jpg?4

qNhV9wC.jpg?3

• Like 2

7th Regiment has a necklace with their logo on it.

As long as we are talking about all the corps' necklaces - what is the etiquette regarding wearing of necklaces when you move from one corps to another? Do members wear them both, proud of all their corps? Or do they ditch the prior corps necklace to not offend the new corps?

Just curious what is usually done.

As long as we are talking about all the corps' necklaces - what is the etiquette regarding wearing of necklaces when you move from one corps to another? Do members wear them both, proud of all their corps? Or do they ditch the prior corps necklace to not offend the new corps?

Just curious what is usually done.

I'm pretty sure most people wear both/add to their current necklace... I don't think that it's looked down on like wearing another corps apparel would be.

In our parade corps, each member received both the right and responsibility to increase the value of Miller Brewing Company stock after each appearance. Displaying the resulting ring-tab(s) on our uniforms at each subsequent appearance was optional...but highly taken advantage of.

By the end of each season, we deserved to receive a rather hefty sponsorship from Alcoa...if only such was ever forthcoming.

Edited by HornTeacher

In our parade corps, each member received both the right and responsibility to increase the value of Miller Brewing Company stock after each appearance. Displaying the resulting ring-tab(s) on our uniforms at each subsequent appearance was optional...but highly taken advantage of.

By the end of each season, we deserved to receive a rather hefty sponsorship from Alcoa...if only such was ever forthcoming.

:beer::laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

• Like 1

Didn't see if this had been posted already, but starting back in '09 the Troopers members started receiving a "Challenge Coin" in addition to their scarf rings and sabres. You just have one coin, and according to military tradition if you're out eating/drinking with your buddies, someone can issue a challenge by throwing down the coin with their unit insignia on it. Everyone else has to throw down their coin as well. If someone fails to produce their coin, they owe everyone else a round. If everyone does have their coin, the person who challenged owes the round.

Here's mine:

84r7H85.jpg?4

qNhV9wC.jpg?3

I don't see many "throw down" dings or dents in your coin, TroopAlum. Which leads me to believe that you either don't drink...or have long past declared bankruptcy by now!! :silly:

:beer::laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers, cf.

I don't see many "throw down" dings or dents in your coin, TroopAlum. Which leads me to believe that you either don't drink...or have long past declared bankruptcy by now!! :silly:

True, I don't drink alcohol, but I have used it on several occasions to get a coke or a sandwich. Last time I used it I ended up buying the other guy a shake. As for the lack of dings, these things are pretty dang resilient! Which is good, because it means it should last a lifetime.