Double standards? Please

OK, I get why you may want to move one forum topic to another forum page. But. Stay consistant. You move a topic, say it delongs in OC not WC. But then, when someone starts a show review in the WC forum. You let it alone. Double standard! You do have a show review section. Come on. Then someone goes in to my post and edits this very same type of question. Give me a break!

I have been following drum corps for over 25 years and until now, I have enjoyed the forum section of DCP. Maybe, just maybe you should sometimes let a topic (that is causing no harm to anyone) die on its own. They do that in this place. Trust me they do.

The usual bit first here . . .in order to point out these inconsistencies you may find along the way, I encourage you to use the report button to draw attention to things you may feel are in the wrong place.

However, I see your point . . . some "reviews" this year are during the course of a show thread in the World Class forum. While there is a separate review forum, it does seem that this is a natural extension of the live-tweets, blogs and pictures some do in such threads.

Certainly, a show review thread in and of itself placed in the World Class forum should be moved to the review forum, but many of the reviews within show threads are "quick hits" that people give after returning from the show, which seems to fit organically within what the thread in the World Class forum is . . .a discussion of a particular event.

I think the hope is that reviewers will then take the time afterwards to write a more detailed and nuanced review later on in the review forum, which several posters have done a day or so after the event.

Regardless, it's difficult for the moderation staff to be everywhere at once, so we welcome your input regarding the forums. As mentioned above, feel free to report those things you feel are in the wrong "place" here.

Thanks for your post!

Best,

-b :smile: