Oregon Crusaders Sending a hidden message

How long have the Crusaders been around anyway?? Anyone know??

Originally, the corps was founded in 1971. After a few brief years on their own, they merged with the Imperial Cadets, only to last a single season before splitting back up. The corps slowly faded after that.

The current version of the Oregon Crusaders started back up in 1999 when they were known as the Southern Oregon Crusaders. The staff that started it back up were around until 2006. After a brief shake up in the NW, a new group of leaders emerged in 2007. That configuration has more or less stayed intact until this very day.

GO OREGON CRUSADERS!!!!

p.s. Darn you Phil, you beat me to it. :)

Edited by Madrid
  • Like 2

Oh, another quote some of you brass cats might miss is in the opening percussion feature after 'Sleep'. ....anyone? .....anyone?

(clue - think 90 BD exercise)

Oh? I didn't know there was going to be a test! FINE! I'll go check it. :tongue:

Oh? I didn't know there was going to be a test! FINE! I'll go check it. :tongue:

Only thing I can pick out is the tenor solo intro kinda reminds me of the tenor feature in the beginning of BD's re-entry to the 2nd tune in their 90 show ....... but not so much. HELP!

Still surprised no one has mentioned the Machine conveyor line ... or the 2000 Cadets ending ... including the horns down visual. The Cavies double tonguing section while the sun opens up (seems very PR to me considering they go right into the funky quads that PR used back in 93? I think?).

Edited by supersop

Still surprised no one has mentioned the Machine conveyor line ... or the 2000 Cadets ending ... including the horns down visual. The Cavies double tonguing section while the sun opens up (seems very PR to me considering they go right into the funky quads that PR used back in 93? I think?).

Love that double-tonguing section... one of my fave moments. I am loving all you corps aficionados pointing out the quotes. Keep it up. Anyone got a total count?