Forte ends season early

Just saw this on dci.org

Updated July 25, 4:30 pm.

Forte

Forte announced this afternoon that the corps will withdraw from the last three weeks of the 2012 Drum Corps International Tour.

Originally with plans to sit out of the Edmond, Okla. show scheduled for July 25 and rejoin the Tour this coming weekend due to a transportation issue, the corps made the announcement later in the day that it will finish its 2012 summer season while the corps is situated in Denton, Texas, near its home base of operations.

"Due to many hurdles along our journey, we feel that it is in the best interest of safety and welfare of the current members to end our season," interim director Christopher Todd said in a note posted to the corps’ Facebook pages.

Todd says he hopes that Forte will make a comeback to the DCI Tour in future years

• Like 1

Three corps in one season. That's terrible! Is that a record?

Originally with plans to sit out of the Edmond, Okla. show scheduled for July 25 and rejoin the Tour this coming weekend due to a transportation issue, the corps made the announcement later in the day that it will finish its 2012 summer season while the corps is situated in Denton, Texas, near its home base of operations.

That brave (and I would guess, painful) decision is to be commended.

• Like 3

Very sad news. I feel so bad for the members of these corps that had to call it quits early.

• Like 1

If my world class audition didn't work out I was thinking of going for them as well. Really wish them the best in getting back on their feet, smart move in my opinion ending it while they were close to home.

Edited by DrumManTx

Oof. Looks like they had a decent sized group this year, around 75 kids. This is heartbreaking for sure.

Posted on their Facebook page four days ago:

Okay friends, I need your help in a massive way! Forte Drum & Bugle Corps is in need of some assistance with the tour expenses. We are running the "Friends for 5" initiative. These students have been working all summer and are on the road to Indianapolis. If everyone of my Facebook friends gives $5 that is over $4,500 to the corps. I am asking for your assistance to help these hard working students have the best possible drum corps season they deserve. Once you have followed the link below and made your $5 donation please repost this message and pay it forward. Follow the link and scroll to the bottom of the page under the "DONATE TODAY" drop down menu. After you've entered your donation scroll back to the top and hit "CHECK OUT." Thanks in advance for your contribution and be watching for Forte Drum & Bugle Corps this summer!

I wish there were a good way to get the news out about corps that are in a crunch for one reason or another. I'd have totally thrown in had I heard about this in time... :sad:

Edited by skywhopper