Forte ends season early

sounds like TWO bad cases of a mis managed business....these groups should have NEVER started their tours.

Mind filling us in since no details were released (at least not on DCP). Man, it's also managements fault no matter what.... Even if taking off if what's best for the organization.

OK, Forte, Teal Sound and who else this year. I see three corps mentioned but just blanking out on the third.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

OK, Forte, Teal Sound and who else this year. I see three corps mentioned but just blanking out on the third.

Racine Scouts ended their tour earlier this summer as well.

I hope there were no age-outs there. It would probably be too late to transfer anyway at this point in the season

It sounded as if it spawned from a transportation issue. If it meant spending cash you didnt have to get transportation, use what transportation you had which might put everyones safety on the line, or end the season early for the safety of all parties, which would you choose?

BUT

If they didn't have a back up plan for something like this or they knowingly started tour without emergency funds for something like this, then they probably shouldn't have started tour.

Wasn't the administration at Forte involved with another drum corps that had problems?

• Like 1

Wasn't the administration at Forte involved with another drum corps that had problems?

Not that I can think of, but Forte was originally Memphis Sound, before that organization moved to Texas

• Like 1

Really sad for the kids. They only performed in 3 shows this season. But at least they didn't leave their home state on tour, and ended up stuck somewhere. I would say that is not bad management. It just sounds like the funds were never there for the small tour that they had scheduled, as they were only scheduled in 9 shows prior to finals week. Looks like they were trying to raise another $4500, but you have to wonder if that would have been enough to run a couple more weeks to finals in Indy. I enjoyed their show from San Antonio, and I really hope they can come back next season.

I must have also missed something. Memphis Sound moved to Texas, and changed their name to Forte? I don't remember hearing anything about that. I looked on corpsreps.com and it does look like the years would match up as Memphis marched last in 2009, and Forte first shows up in 2010. Does anyone have any details on why they changed from TN to TX?

Really sad for the kids. They only performed in 3 shows this season. But at least they didn't leave their home state on tour, and ended up stuck somewhere. I would say that is not bad management. It just sounds like the funds were never there for the small tour that they had scheduled, as they were only scheduled in 9 shows prior to finals week. Looks like they were trying to raise another $4500, but you have to wonder if that would have been enough to run a couple more weeks to finals in Indy. I enjoyed their show from San Antonio, and I really hope they can come back next season.

I must have also missed something. Memphis Sound moved to Texas, and changed their name to Forte? I don't remember hearing anything about that. I looked on corpsreps.com and it does look like the years would match up as Memphis marched last in 2009, and Forte first shows up in 2010. Does anyone have any details on why they changed from TN to TX?

Not sure really of the why, all I know is that all of the equipment and assets were sold off, and Memphis moved to Texas. I'm not sure if everything from the corps transferred over, but I remember that at least some of the staff and members made their way over. Maybe they figured they would have a better chance of recruiting and being competitive in Texas? I do remember hearing that Memphis wasn't the most financially sound corps in their last couple of seasons, so maybe that was why they moved everything and sold off the name?

Edited by fsubone

Actually, this is the 4th corps this season, who won't be finishing the season. Velvet Knights also decided not to make the trip to Indy. This is really a shame that these corps won't be making that trip. Best of luck to all the kids in their future. I know it is probably a little too late now to jump into another corps.

Edited by MisterA