How long before SURF adds .........

From Facebook:

Shorty Bartholomew

On the road to Atlanta. More mellow tunes on the RV. Donald Fagen anyone? Rehearsal day tomorrow before the big show. I wonder what we should add for the fans on Saturday? Hmm.......

the key is the fine line between adding enough and adding too much.

looking forward to what Surf adds

• Like 1

Would that have been a tic back in those days? :tongue:

1 tenth for the drop and more if she picks it up. :lol:

Edited by Old Corps Guy

Don't forget...as a Div II corps Surf did the beach show and the Elvis show....so a fun show is not new for them...even 2005 when my daughter marched...they had humor in the show too....but humor has always been hard to do good...I think that's the most difficult "emotion" to sell from the field...although VK did it great!...I see Bridgmen as more "unique" than funny...anyway...I ramble..

Would that have been a tic back in those days? :tongue:

We'd probably have to ask a Bridgemen alum to know for certain. While dropped equipment was a penalty, the clipboard and hat were probably considered props, so the rule about dropping a rifle, flag, drumstick, etc, should not have applied. Also things were getting more relaxed in 1979 and the antics of the Bridgemen were not new at that point, but you never know.....a timing and penalty judge that didn't have a sense of humor may have had the last laugh from time to time.

So....I sent an e-mail to DCI asking them to have Surf perform in exhibition Friday night in Allentown. I understand that they would "probably" do it if DCI asked them...but they would need DCI's ok.....please let's see if we can make this happen...write to DCI..!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Bridgemen fall!!

What else is missing?

I totally dug the 4 person dance team at the end. What a blast!

They did the faint at the end of the show in Allentown.

Also: Gene Gene the Dancing Machine, and the Unknown Comic made appearances.

They've got plenty of their own original gags in there as well.

Love the duck & scream during a rifle toss.

The funniest thing they have though, IMO, is having one of the dancers (cymbal line) in Party Rock Anthem dressed as a judge.

From Facebook:

Shorty Bartholomew

On the road to Atlanta. More mellow tunes on the RV. Donald Fagen anyone? Rehearsal day tomorrow before the big show. I wonder what we should add for the fans on Saturday? Hmm.......

Isn't it awful how this Corps just panders to the audience ?

I mean, gimme a break. Next thing we'll know, other Corps might begin to put together shows designed to pander to audiences. Oh the horror. Give me Dada or give me Death !

• Like 1