Spirit of Newark NJ passing of Glen Eng executive director

It is with sorrow that I announce the passing of Mr. Glen Eng, Executive Director of Spirit of New Jersey Drum and Bugle Corp. on Friday July 27, 2012. As a horn instructor, Mr. Eng has taught the following corps, such as The Bridgemen, Velvet Knights, New York Knickerbockers,and Falcon Ridgemen just to name a few. He was also a member of The Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights Drum and Bugle Corp. In addition to being a great teacher, he was also a great mentor and a good friend. Mr. Eng will be missed by many.

Arrangements will be forthcoming.  Please join me in expressing our condolensces to Mr. Eng's family.

Thanks

Harold Wright

Director

I just got a phone message about this from Jim O'Hara. What a tragedy.

I had known this extraordinary man since we attended Manhattan College together in the late '60s. He was an outstanding soloist in the Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights, where his older brother had also marched.

Glen was a gifted teacher but more significantly, he understood the importance of local, neighborhood, comunity drum corps and championed that concept all throughout his life. He could have taught anywhere but chose to devote his life to those who needed him the most.

Glen Eng was a hero, and that's how I will remember him. I hope to see his dream fulfilled.

Edited by ironlips

Flag of Stars!!! Polish Falcon Cadets 1974, that is how I will remember him! RIP Mr Eng.

Very sorry to hear. I had a chance to meet him and talk to him over the years.

Please Announce and post......................

The memorial service for Glenn C. Eng will be:

DATE: Saturday, August 25, 2012

TIME: 2:00 PM-5:00 PM

PLACE: Queen of Angels

44 Irvine Turner Blvd.

Newark, N.J.

Note: If anyone wants to participate or perform please contact Harold Wright ( 732-318-8652), Melaine Condran ( 973- 752-9225 ) and Isaac Holiday ( 917-701-7084 ) or any information regarding this matter.

Thanks

Harold Wright

Director

Spirit of New Jersey

My condolences and prayers to Mr. Eng's family. He was a tremendous influence to all the youth he taught and will be very much missed.

I hope Spirit will continue in tribute to Mr. Eng. We missed you at Open Class!