hornell & new jersey

c'mon man wer're just having a discussion. are you trying to say we shouldn't have any banter because some don't think MBI isn't gonna win? we're just talking here. that's the purpose of the tread. we are just having a good time. geez

Don, watch for my review on Hornell in DCW... should be up fairly quickly, (but I'm still sitting here writing it)... in a couple of days... as tomorrow is my deadline...

I will tell you I enjoyed empire... might be my favorite Empire show since "Miss Saigon" and it's just dirty with much potential - all the repetition and rehearsal they get while together at DCI in Indianapolis will certainly help "tighten" them up...

I also liked Cadets 2 and got bold with my educated insight... They are certainly a lot to talk about...

of course, I study the films of Kidsgrove and am impressed... can't wait for them to arrive here...

no predictions other than this one is going to be fun to watch throughout

of course, I study the films of Kidsgrove and am impressed... can't wait for them to arrive here...

I suspect they will score better this trip too. I really felt they were underscored in prelims last year, and even though it was better in finals, they should have placed even higher.

This could very well be the closest 2-8 (or 9 and 10) DCA has had in ages.

Well, let's be honest, if you only go to DCA Championships to see who wins, why bother? Stay home and watch the scores page.

I think it's going to be a great year to attend Championships, and it would be even if you knew the final order. There are some really good shows being performed.

AMEN. And I don't think a lot of the positions are by any means certain at this point, and I don't think anyone will have an idea until after Prlims where things shook out.

Don, watch for my review on Hornell in DCW... should be up fairly quickly, (but I'm still sitting here writing it)... in a couple of days... as tomorrow is my deadline...

I will tell you I enjoyed empire... might be my favorite Empire show since "Miss Saigon" and it's just dirty with much potential - all the repetition and rehearsal they get while together at DCI in Indianapolis will certainly help "tighten" them up...

I also liked Cadets 2 and got bold with my educated insight... They are certainly a lot to talk about...

no predictions other than this one is going to be fun to watch throughout

Also looking forward to Kidsgrove- glad to see you're down with C2. VERY watchable and listenable, even with the holes at D-Town.

And yes, the top 8 might be pretty daggone good this year. Not just the top 5-6.

Same old DCP. Saying its over because Bucs have a higher number than anyone else. Nobody knows what MBI is doing, other than them. Their last score was a month ago. A lot happens in a month. Though it appears Bucs MAY "have it in the bag" so to speak, we cant say that for sure until September.

I suspect they will score better this trip too. I really felt they were underscored in prelims last year, and even though it was better in finals, they should have placed even higher.

This could very well be the closest 2-8 (or 9 and 10) DCA has had in ages.

I agree with you John on all points...

A quick note on Kidsgrove... I believe they will be the 3rd largest corps in finals behind Bucs and MBI... I know size isn't everything, but they do believe "loud is good" and most importantly, they are far cleaner than many realize - especially on visual and brass. They bring in a better overall corps than 2010 - should be fun for all... They also are biting at the bit... most anxious... if you don't know, England takes the month of August off... so last week was their final show before DCA. They had this weekend off and if their facebook account is to be believed - all of them would have rather been at rehearsal... so anxious are they...

but yes... the top 10 will be very very tight - the fight for top 5 will be ridiculous... no predictions here

check my review that will be up on drumcorpsworld.com in a few days... and thanks to everyone in Hornell...

And a special thanks to Empire Arranger Jerry Kelsey who didn't recognize me when he saw me ... lol I guess I have done good on that end!

• Like 2

I hadn't noticed but I'm not suprised. The Horns were showing some decent scores early, perhaps the rest of the corps is catching up to them. They may be smallish- but they're quality and not to be understimated because of their size.

W, I was at the Robbinsville show last evening and you are right.

The Hurricanes had a very good run. They have really smoothed out several of the rough spots in their program. One thing that stood out to me... the balance issues they had when I saw them at the Barnum Festival (lower brass overpowering upper brass, percussion overpowering the overall brass) were, for the most part, not there at the Robbinsville show.

Edited by Fran Haring

Bucs with a 90.4

Empire with a 84.9

Hurcs with a 84.8

I wonder where the Cabs would have fit if they were at either of the shows. :shutup: Has anyone noticed that Fusion has gone up 8 points in two weeks.:blink:

I have MAJOR props to our colorguard for putting in a weekend full of hard work last weekend - it is certainly showed yesterday in Robbinsville.

Special mention to Nicole Marino , who filled in for Carol on the podium lady night . Big shoes she had to fill!

I have MAJOR props to our colorguard for putting in a weekend full of hard work last weekend - it is certainly showed yesterday in Robbinsville.

Special mention to Nicole Marino , who filled in for Carol on the podium lady night . Big shoes she had to fill!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: