hornell & new jersey

Thanks Jean, My little girl made me proud!!!!!!!!!!!12

Never in a thousand years did I even think I would be marching, and one of my kids would be conducting me at a DCA show.

Just goes to show anything can happen.

PS did I say I love my kids and this CORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!12

• Like 2

so where do we think cabs and MBI fit in now? and CD2 made a huge move. and where will they be at DCA? these are great questions. anybody want to chime in?

O.K. went to the Hornell show.

I haven't seen them but, I don't think anyone is going to catch the Bucs. However, all the rest in the 2-5 slots better not go to sleep, because there is this drum corps called Cadets2, that could just catch you napping. I never thought I would say this, but, I REALLY liked their show. REALLY. And with a bunch of very young kids, that have a ton of gas in their tanks, with a month to prepare, and an excellent show, it could be very interesting. Just saying, don't cancel that trip to MD, because you think that everyone can just mail it in. As Ricky used to say, "I doan thin so Lucy"......FWIW

• Like 1

And BTW another corps that was surprising were the White Sabres. They have a nice show. Need a bunch more horses, but conceptually very nice show.

so where do we think cabs and MBI fit in now? and CD2 made a huge move. and where will they be at DCA? these are great questions. anybody want to chime in?

I think Kingston will be a good indicator to how the Empire, Cabs, Hurcs, Fusion, Bush battle will play out for the rest of the season. Hurcs, Cabs, and Empire all had their "bye" weekends at this point so it's game on now to the end.I think Empire and Cabs will battle it out for the rest of the season, alternating spots, but Hurcs will stay below. I believe Fusion will continue to get better but stay below the Top 5. C2 is the variable but I believe, this season, they simply have too much work to do to get AS clean as the other Top 5 groups. Remember, Cabs/Hurcs/Empire/Bucs/MBI, they are all cleaning as much too. Even though C2 is making good progress, I don't see them jumping into the #2 or 3 spot by finals. I could see them knocking Hurcs out however but I believe the Hurcs guard will keep them in the game.

Next year however... whoa that's a whole new ballgame I believe.

• Like 1

If Kidsgrove brings that nasty baritone/contra section, that is worth most of the price of admission...and certainly worth sitting at a sectional rehearsal while sipping an Arnold Palmer;

C2 has fit 6 pounds of corps in a 5 pound bucket and it might take until prelims to max it out.

Do Renegades fit in the conversation?

And as the guards get the shows underneath them, the fun really begins :)

Bucs might be having a silent chuckle given that the talk of the offseason was all MBI (hey, they're the champs) and Cadets2. Lest we forget..... :)

Here's the top 6: Bucs, Hurcs (!), Cabs, MBI, Empire, C2/Kidsgrove (tie) :)

Edited by wishbonecav

I have to say...i'm VERY proud of the entire CORE. Its our first year in open and we have amazing competition but we're holding our own and getting better every weekend.

I am especially proud of Nicole...she did an OUTSTANDING job considering shes only been the assistant since the spring but Carol has been an awesome teacher and mentor and nicole will just get stronger over the years if we can kerp her away from jumping back in the pit!!!

Posting a commemorative photo is ok, too.

If you captured the conducting Marino in the foreground and the marching Marino(s) in the background, you have an awesome picture.

How mom or dad got through the performance without turning into the proud, choked up marshmallows that they are when it comes to their family is a mystery.

I have to say...i'm VERY proud of the entire CORE. Its our first year in open and we have amazing competition but we're holding our own and getting better every weekend.

I am especially proud of Nicole...she did an OUTSTANDING job considering shes only been the assistant since the spring but Carol has been an awesome teacher and mentor and nicole will just get stronger over the years if we can kerp her away from jumping back in the pit!!!

• Like 1

Omg....it was an awesome moment for us and a picture like that would have been great, especially with oour other daughter as the assistant and our other two in the pit :)

Holding back tears was hard :)

.....in which case I consider myself fortunate to have been standing with Ralph and Holly as scores were announced, as their daughter gave her first drum major salute! What a great moment.

:thumbup:

HA! Tom always gets the good seats!

.....in which case I consider myself fortunate to have been standing with Ralph and Holly as scores were announced, as their daughter gave her first drum major salute! What a great moment.