I have REAL issues with the Blue Devils

Yawn. Sorry, but we have seen this argument 2348983269218374965 times, just this year. Please reference the following threads:

Blue Devils on Top... really?

Blue Devils?

I loved Blue Devils

Not to mention just about every show thread where they have performed...

• Like 8

Alright I'm now to the point of being so fed up that I'm actually going to publicly rant because I KNOW that judges come snooping on here. Maybe they can take a hint. I'll probably get a lot of negative reputation for this but quite frankly I rather voice my own opinion. If you don't agree then that's fine but you're probably in the minority.

Anyways, the Blue Devils completely ROBBED the Atlanta show. I was keeping an open mind before the show started and the first 30-60 seconds of the show really caught my attention. After that it was just downhill. I actually caught a pattern with the Blue Devils (which I've actually somewhat have seen in past shows)...they are marching half-time nearly half the show when they play their music. Then they act like they are doing something crazy when they snap down their horns and jazz run. PUT THE 2 TOGETHER. Crown put the 2 together...were they as clean? No but they shouldn't be when they are jazz running breakneck drill and sounding better than the Blue Devils. I'm seriously so sick of these "formulaic" shows that they consistently put on. Sure they work for them but cater to the fans for once...sheesh. I'm not calling the Blue Devils bad because they are not. They are probably on paper the most talented corps year in year out...but I can't be the only one who is tired of this.

By the way I'm not saying Blue Devils shouldn't have been close to winning but they should have been 2nd to Crown in a matter of tenths. Hope I don't take too much crap for this lol.

Discuss

The Blue Devils won tonite.

Stop the presses.

• Like 5

Yawn. Sorry, but we have seen this argument 2348983269218374965 times, just this year. Please reference the following threads:

Blue Devils on Top... really?

Blue Devils?

I loved Blue Devils

Not to mention just about every show thread where they have performed...

As you can tell by my 48 posts I'm not constantly on the forums lurking every topic. I guess all these threads posting about the same crap must be true then.

• Like 6

Yawn. Saw a fabulous show tonight. Sorry it's all so upsetting to you. Hope it all turns out okay for you and yours.

• Like 8

Yawn. Saw a fabulous show tonight. Sorry it's all so upsetting to you. Hope it all turns out okay for you and yours.

Yawn is the right response lol. Had my face planted on top of my hand the whole show.

• Like 8

Alright I'm now to the point of being so fed up that I'm actually going to publicly rant because I KNOW that judges come snooping on here. Maybe they can take a hint. I'll probably get a lot of negative reputation for this but quite frankly I rather voice my own opinion. If you don't agree then that's fine but you're probably in the minority.

Anyways, the Blue Devils completely ROBBED the Atlanta show. I was keeping an open mind before the show started and the first 30-60 seconds of the show really caught my attention. After that it was just downhill. I actually caught a pattern with the Blue Devils (which I've actually somewhat have seen in past shows)...they are marching half-time nearly half the show when they play their music. Then they act like they are doing something crazy when they snap down their horns and jazz run. PUT THE 2 TOGETHER. Crown put the 2 together...were they as clean? No but they shouldn't be when they are jazz running breakneck drill and sounding better than the Blue Devils. I'm seriously so sick of these "formulaic" shows that they consistently put on. Sure they work for them but cater to the fans for once...sheesh. I'm not calling the Blue Devils bad because they are not. They are probably on paper the most talented corps year in year out...but I can't be the only one who is tired of this.

By the way I'm not saying Blue Devils shouldn't have been close to winning but they should have been 2nd to Crown in a matter of tenths. Hope I don't take too much crap for this lol.

Discuss

This is like Ground Hog Day !

• Like 4

This is like Ground Hog Day !

But not as intellectually compelling.

It's band on grass. Let's all get over it.

Edited by mobrien
  • Like 4