I have REAL issues with the Blue Devils

Yawn is the right response lol. Had my face planted on top of my hand the whole show.

The reason is in the recaps...crown, 7th in percussion...BD 3rd in drums...a 7 tenths difference. After everything is added and averaged...7th in anything won't get you a win. Is all about execution and devils execute better than anyone.

• Like 3

The show is not my cup of tea either but it is performed at a very high level. They have a formula and it gets them to the top.

• Like 2

Yeah it's another negative BD thread.

Maybe they should change how they design their shows so they don't get booed at score announcements.....

And we don't have to deal with these threads anymore.

These thread will keep coming as long as the continue on this design trend. They aren't going to change the game with it.

I just don't know why they wouldn't want to be a fan favorite and win! They used to be....

• Like 6

'

Corpsgasm' timestamp='1343535807' post='3187519']

Alright I'm now to the point of being so fed up that I'm actually going to publicly rant because I KNOW that judges come snooping on here. Maybe they can take a hint. I'll probably get a lot of negative reputation for this but quite frankly I rather voice my own opinion. If you don't agree then that's fine but you're probably in the minority.

Anyways, the Blue Devils completely ROBBED the Atlanta show. I was keeping an open mind before the show started and the first 30-60 seconds of the show really caught my attention. After that it was just downhill. I actually caught a pattern with the Blue Devils (which I've actually somewhat have seen in past shows)...they are marching half-time nearly half the show when they play their music. Then they act like they are doing something crazy when they snap down their horns and jazz run. PUT THE 2 TOGETHER. Crown put the 2 together...were they as clean? No but they shouldn't be when they are jazz running breakneck drill and sounding better than the Blue Devils. I'm seriously so sick of these "formulaic" shows that they consistently put on. Sure they work for them but cater to the fans for once...sheesh. I'm not calling the Blue Devils bad because they are not. They are probably on paper the most talented corps year in year out...but I can't be the only one who is tired of this.

By the way I'm not saying Blue Devils shouldn't have been close to winning but they should have been 2nd to Crown in a matter of tenths. Hope I don't take too much crap for this lol.

Discuss

Your over-generalizations aside, BD beating Crown has NOTHING to do with whether or not someone likes their design: it has EVERYTHING to do with how BD does in relation to the sheets. They're doing a fantastic job performing to the sheets, and that's all that matters. If Crown were visually performing better (as well as percussion), this would be a different spread. But the bottom line is if Crown wants to win a Championship they have to clean the snot out of their visual book, and upgrade their percussion book/performance.

Edited by perc2100
  • Like 2

Maybe they should change how they design their shows so they don't get booed at score announcements.....

These thread will keep coming as long as the continue on this design trend. They aren't going to change the game with it.

I just don't know why they wouldn't want to be a fan favorite and win! They used to be....

this is a very small minority

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

Never will any corps be everyones favorite. Ill say it know matter what I dont like Cavies shows(i watch and try to but some reason dont) In the 2000s they were pretty much a fan favorite every year. Right now there are alot of people that like or dont like BDs shows. Thats their opinion and you cant change it. But IMO they are still a fan favorite for say a third while Crown is another third and then a third is spread out.

I'm still waiting for someone to point out that Crown has a formula, too...

They all do.

Okay, back to Phelps Lochte.

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 4