I have REAL issues with the Blue Devils

I should have clarified- I meant more as a whole. There are wonderful moments in Crown's show. There are also moments that don't match the success and skill of the other moments in their show.

Name reputation. People don't boo the Cascades and Pioneer, because they don't have large fan bases. People don't boo the Houston Astros, because they're terrible and they're irrelevant to Major League Baseball at this point. People don't boo the Cleveland Browns, because quite frankly, they're the least discussed team in the NFL. When you have a reputation like the Blue Devils do, it's going to seem like they get more negative response than positive. That's just the way it is.

This is all hypothetical, but let's just say Cascades, Jersey Surf, Pioneer and BD were in a 4-way gridlock to determine the World Champion...do you really think judges would settle for the Cascades winning it all? NO! They'd find a way to squeak BD by and get them to where they need to be strictly because they're the biggest name in all of drum corps. And props to them for earning and getting there. I have no problem with BD and am quite impressed every year they step on the field, but the above statements are just the way everything works these days.

EDIT: By the way, nothing negative directed towards Cascades, Surf or Pioneer. Just using them as examples.

Edited by Carolina09Spirit

Alright I'm now to the point of being so fed up that I'm actually going to publicly rant because I KNOW that judges come snooping on here.

This is true, but the only opinion they value is mine. :lookaround:

++

The show is brilliant in every phase of its design, and through the performance of its members, its existence. I love Blue Devils this year, and I think they should win.

Judges, take note. :cool:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

I'm still waiting for the When a Man loves a Woman post. laughing.gif

Mr. Flammaster, I'd appreciate it if you didn't hijack a simple thread about how sucky the Blue Devils are to go off topic about me and Mr. Hopkins. While I am happy to proclaim my adoration it just doesn't seem right in the middle of this important discussion.

They're doing a fantastic job performing to the sheets, and that's all that matters

In one sentence you have encapsulated all that is wrong with design and adjudication in today's DCI.

Edited by Grandpa
  • Like 7

I'm still waiting for the When a Man loves a Woman post. laughing.gif

Mr. Flammaster, I'd appreciate it if you didn't hijack a simple thread about how sucky the Blue Devils are to go off topic about me and Mr. Hopkins. While I am happy to proclaim my adoration it just doesn't seem right in the middle of this important discussion.

:spitting: YOU OWE ME A MONITOR!!!

LOL!

Edited by wvu80

Another hate rant. Got news for you. BD is very well received out west, but then again, haters got to hate. Now, you call them cheaters as well. All your BS about caring for the kids falls on deaf ears. Say something nice about the kids and then you can rip their performance and show and corp to pieces. Very sad. :thumbdown:

I didn't rip the kids performance. I am and have always been in awe of their peformance level. Have been since they became my favorites in 1976. I said quite clearly the problem isn't with the kids. It's with the staff that's designing their shows. George Hopkins went off the deep end for a while with the Cadets and the same thing happened. Fans are very happy to be welcoming the Cadets back. We want to be able to do the same with BD. It's not the kids, it's the staff that's not allowing that to happen. And yes, I'm sure the BD are well received out west. The Packers are well received in Green Bay too.

• Like 5

As you can tell by my 48 posts I'm not constantly on the forums lurking every topic. I guess all these threads posting about the same crap must be true then.

Or DCP is a tiny cross-section of drum corps fans who only know hornline things. If Crown's hornline wasn't as good as they are, would people still love them?

Edited by JamMan
  • Like 1